NSv3 or Team 15" for daily use on 6K

I was on team DC for 2 seasons. Went to Reno and built my own woofer. I had nothing but bad luck with the woofers. One caught fire at a show. I finally had to give them up. Shipping across the US everytime one broke was to much, even though Rusty fixed them for free.

So yes I have a lot of experience with DC

This was at DC Hq.

also how long ago were you on team dc? I am sure some things they have started to make better since the m2/m3 series. like I said for the trade I got I think it was well worth it. I can always sell these for 500 each and get back what I paid.

I had M1, M2. It was before they started selling online. Before they had to keep stock. Rush orders. Pre buy parts.
yea so there is probably quite a difference now. Atleast I would hope so LOL. What do you recommend for enclosure for it? 3.0 cubes but what port area?

yea so there is probably quite a difference now. Atleast I would hope so LOL. What do you recommend for enclosure for it? 3.0 cubes but what port area?
Their softparts have always been a weak link. A friend of mine ran a lot of different 15's and LV6 was pretty impressive but a lot of them failed mechanically. His level 5 and XL weren't far behind as far as attrocious softparts. We rebuilt the XL with some Sundown Zv2 parts and it sounded better and was louder.

Still a good deal for you even if you have to shop for some other softparts down the road.

Their softparts have always been a weak link. A friend of mine ran a lot of different 15's and LV6 was pretty impressive but a lot of them failed mechanically. His level 5 and XL weren't far behind as far as attrocious softparts. We rebuilt the XL with some Sundown Zv2 parts and it sounded better and was louder.
Still a good deal for you even if you have to shop for some other softparts down the road.
I don't plan to play them more than 3k clamped each for now. Plus im not going with oversized box etc. I think a lot of people do too big box, not tuned right etc. But yes I have heard their softparts are not the best. But I also heard the level 6 is slightly different.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

why such a big box? That's probably how most people blow their subs. Team sundown, Ampere 4.0, basically Most team subs recommend that big. Why do you think 5 cubes

I don't plan to play them more than 3k clamped each for now. Plus im not going with oversized box etc. I think a lot of people do too big box, not tuned right etc. But yes I have heard their softparts are not the best. But I also heard the level 6 is slightly different. 

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

why such a big box? That's probably how most people blow their subs. Team sundown, Ampere 4.0, basically Most team subs recommend that big. Why do you think 5 cubes
Put a DD9515 or 9915 in 5 cubes and see if that breaks. (Spoiler alert.... it won't because they build them right with high quality parts). And 5 cube isn't even terribly big for a 15" IMO. Big is 8-10 cube

Good luck. Stereotypes usually come about for a reason and the DC softparts failing when they shouldn't isn't something I made up and nobody else has ever heard of before. As I said, they're a beast motor so when/if you break them just buy different softparts when you go to rebuild them.

Put a DD9515 or 9915 in 5 cubes and see if that breaks. (Spoiler alert.... it won't because they build them right with high quality parts). And 5 cube isn't even terribly big for a 15" IMO. Big is 8-10 cube
Good luck. Stereotypes usually come about for a reason and the DC softparts failing when they shouldn't isn't something I made up and nobody else has ever heard of before. As I said, they're a beast motor so when/if you break them just buy different softparts when you go to rebuild them.
Never said you made it up. I know DC softparts aren't good. But I can tell you this, Im sure these will get louder then my ethos did. I don't Daily beat on the subs either. I have a 2nd vehicle but will drive this one a few times a week. Just happy I got a good deal

Last 9515 I seen tested had an FS of 43hz of course its gonna last mechanically

Put a DD9515 or 9915 in 5 cubes and see if that breaks. (Spoiler alert.... it won't because they build them right with high quality parts). And 5 cube isn't even terribly big for a 15" IMO. Big is 8-10
Not my 15's I have two in roughly 9cu tuned at 28hz and can mechanical them at tuning. I plan to change it to four in 9cu tuned at 35 with more port area. External port so each will see around 2.25cu my tuning was checked with a dats so I know it's 28hz the box shape is odd but real close to 9cu maybe + .5cu

Not my 15's I have two in roughly 9cu tuned at 28hz and can mechanical them at tuning. I plan to change it to four in 9cu tuned at 35 with more port area. External port so each will see around 2.25cu my tuning was checked with a dats so I know it's 28hz the box shape is odd but real close to 9cu maybe + .5cu
Bring that up to Sanford on the 8th so I can check it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dttimma

dttimma
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls