NSv3 or Team 15" for daily use on 6K

This is sound advice.

Definitely one of the big boy "team" subs, DD-99, or similar. AFAIK most of the top dogs make a 4" coil that could more or less hang with that. DC, Ground Zero, B2, Fi, and Atomic should all have comparable offerings in that category.

Seems like OP gets the idea. Good luck.

ok now what would you go with if you only had 7.0 to 8.5 cubes net?

ok now what would you go with if you only had 7.0 to 8.5 cubes net?
I'd get three 1200W type 3" coil 12's.

If you're dead set on single sub, money no object, DD9918 would be very nice. I'd also consider Ground Zero. Somebody around here is a vendor for them and they warranty their competition tier subs to some pretty big power ratings.

Otherwise I'd be looking for an old TRF/TSNS/4hp motor and build it up myself

I'd get three 1200W type 3" coil 12's.
If you're dead set on single sub, money no object, DD9918 would be very nice. I'd also consider Ground Zero. Somebody around here is a vendor for them and they warranty their competition tier subs to some pretty big power ratings.

Otherwise I'd be looking for an old TRF/TSNS/4hp motor and build it up myself
im set on 15s

HAve fun with those **** soft parts.
Have you ever used level 6? I highly doubt it, most of the people who talk **** don't even use them or, can afford to power them, put them in too big of a box, etc . Ive also read that **** soft parts are used on dc subs but from what I read the level 5 and 6 are monsters.

I was on team DC for 2 seasons. Went to Reno and built my own woofer.

I had nothing but bad luck with the woofers. One caught fire at a show. I finally had to give them up. Shipping across the US everytime one broke was to much, even though Rusty fixed them for free.

So yes I have a lot of experience with DC

This was at DC Hq.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dttimma

dttimma
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls