NSTALN's Froggy Frontier 5.1 surround build

Those who can, do.Those who can't, troll.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Well you must be a 'bro' then. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I'm definitely a bro! Lol
It sounds pretty darn good! I was really worried that there would be rattles once the sub box was installed...it's east to make a solid box with just wood and carpet...but once you add lights, plexiglass, mirrors and other various pieces/parts then feed it 1000 watts, **** can shake...I was pleasantly surprised that he box ended up quite solid and really well sealed.
I still need to build pods for my AudioFrog GB25's and GB10's...then there will still be quite a bit of tuning to do...but even just the crude adjustments I've done thus far have yielded pretty good results.

Where in San Diego are you? I grew up in Poway in the northern county of SD.
Nice man, I'm sure those subs sound **** good too. I'm currently trying to figure out my sub setup in my truck right now. For now I have a prefab box with 2 dayton audio shallow mount subs in a sealed box for under the seat, a single ported box with an Alpine shallow mount sub for under the seat, and a 15" re audio *** in a ported enclosure. The 15 is currently in with my back seats taken out. The plan is to fit 2 alpine 10" shallow mounts under the rear seats ported for daily (going to be a really tight fit) and 2 15s ported with rear seats yanked out for fun every once in a while.

I live in Bonita about 30 minutes south of Poway. Where are you at now?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm definitely a bro! LolNice man, I'm sure those subs sound **** good too. I'm currently trying to figure out my sub setup in my truck right now. For now I have a prefab box with 2 dayton audio shallow mount subs in a sealed box for under the seat, a single ported box with an Alpine shallow mount sub for under the seat, and a 15" re audio *** in a ported enclosure. The 15 is currently in with my back seats taken out. The plan is to fit 2 alpine 10" shallow mounts under the rear seats ported for daily (going to be a really tight fit) and 2 15s ported with rear seats yanked out for fun every once in a while.

I live in Bonita about 30 minutes south of Poway. Where are you at now?

I live in New Hampshire these days...haven;t lived in SoCal since I was a teen but I still have family in Poway...My parents live there and my older brother and his family live there as well. I usually visit once a year.

The Alpine shallows are an excellent choice...underhung design with a great output...pricey though.

I live in New Hampshire these days...haven;t lived in SoCal since I was a teen but I still have family in Poway...My parents live there and my older brother and his family live there as well. I usually visit once a year.
The Alpine shallows are an excellent choice...underhung design with a great output...pricey though.
Yeah I was surprised by how good a single 10 sounded and the output. Someone local is selling a pair for a great price but I only need one. I'm debating on buying them both and just selling one. They're both brand new in box too!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif
That is a serious fvcking amp...I always wanted one of those. Big footprint, but big power too! I saw an install a long time ago that featured a 'floating amp'...you should try something like that. The basic idea would be to cut a platform the same size of the amp, mount it to base that sticks straight out of the back of the platform but short enough and situated in such a way that it can't be seen at any angle around the platform, tuck all the wires behind the platform and run through the hidden base. Back-lit with some LED's and suspended just a little bit...Floating back-lit amp. Hard to describe...I could draw a diagram and it would make more sense. Simple and clean.

Another idea for an amp like that would be to make a plexiglass 'wall' and remove the bottom plate of the amp and mount it backwards so the guts can be seen through the plexiglass...maybe add an LED strip inside to light up the guts.

What kind of vehicle will this be going into? How much room do you have to work with?

**** dude. This is looking awesome. Definitely following!
Thank you! A lot of time and effort has gone into this build...still a bit more to do to finish it off...but I'm pretty happy with the results so far...stay tuned for some more cool $hit. I'll be adding some pods for my mids and tweets (soon hopefully).

It's been quite some time since I updated this build log. I have recently added aluminum speakers pods (from Viktor in Germany) to house a set of AudioFrog GB10's and GB25's. Here are some pics. Let me know what you think.

vaF5G37.jpg

thw5KVU.jpg

U3crBo2.jpg

ovdEyv2.jpg

m9QGSqz.jpg

GVvVbKy.jpg

Nice to see some familiar names in this forum. That would bug me....blocking vision but its def my opinion. If it sounds good to you and you like it then my opinion doesn't matter :D

Nice to see some familiar names in this forum. That would bug me....blocking vision but its def my opinion. If it sounds good to you and you like it then my opinion doesn't matter :D
What's new Tahoe?

The pods really don't block any usable visibility. They are actually temporary until I can glass them into the A-pillar...but it's way too cold in New England to be doing that...so for now, it's pods.

What's new Tahoe?

The pods really don't block any usable visibility. They are actually temporary until I can glass them into the A-pillar...but it's way too cold in New England to be doing that...so for now, it's pods.
Still around every now and then. Gotcha on the pods.

Well...my Froggy Frontier is no longer a 5.1 surround build...i removed the center and rears and one of the two subs and one of the JL 900/5's. I'll be sticking with stereo with the GB10's, GB25's and GS690's up front and going with a single Audiomobile MASS 12 ported and tuned low...26hz-28hz most likely. Once I get the specifics of the enclosure design I'll post it in the enclosure design section to get some opinions...there are a few folks here that are quite good at designing ported enclosures so I'll be interested to see what they have to say.

I'll keep the pods on the dash for now but will most likely glass the tweets and mids into the A-pillar once it gets a little warmer outside...I live in NEw England and still a bit cold to be playing in the garage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.