NSTALN's Froggy Frontier 5.1 surround build

Added some chrome trim to the inner edge on the plexiglass window.

tRw4Bsp.jpg

y0JE4So.jpg

rswGl98.jpg

B3yzDkQ.jpg

2MrE2ly.jpg

6olSZXC.jpg

eYKiXXT.jpg

yKAvDf8.jpg

wLurrM5.jpg

Also made a pair of black plexiglas trim rings for the subs. First MDF, then used the router for the rings. They sit inside the cast frame edge and make it flush. They give the sub a nice finished look.

byQCvvA.jpg

yNUGEY4.jpg

1GZZk6e.jpg

1WRCFk1.jpg

kAD755P.jpg

It's the little details that make this install so clean looking.

Would you mind stopping by my build log if you have time? I have some carpet coming this week and wanna know the best way to wrap the amp rack I have. It's been so long since I carpeted an enclosure, amp rack should be fairly simple, but don't mind some pointers/suggestions.

It's the little details that make this install so clean looking.
Would you mind stopping by my build log if you have time? I have some carpet coming this week and wanna know the best way to wrap the amp rack I have. It's been so long since I carpeted an enclosure, amp rack should be fairly simple, but don't mind some pointers/suggestions.
Check out this video:

It's a little goofy...but this guy is really a very good fabricator and the rest of his vids aren't as silly...his vids are LOADED with really good tips and he provides links to materials and tools which is really cool.

I watch these videos all the time and there are tons of techniques I can't wait to try out.

Funny you mention that vid....watched it the other night, minus the lame "rap" he was doing, still has some fab skills tho. 

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

lol...glad I'm not the only cat owner here. Mine was sniffing around my DC 8's when I got them.

He does some pretty sick work...I'll be trying some of his router techniques for sure.

I own (3) cats...this one is the youngest and definitely the freak of the bunch.

This is the idea going forward...pods for the midranges and tweets on top by the sail pillar.

I'll be using PVC endcaps as a base for the structure. The GB25's require tiny enclosures, so the pods will be more than enough internal volume. The pods will be slightly off-axis but should provide good height and width to the soundstage.

054NvxN.jpg

kxLmG9M.jpg

Syfi2pF.jpg

TMZpkns.jpg

You can see the center channel in the last picture.

i wish i had half the fab skills you do man. hats off.
Thank you sir...much time and effort...not to mention trial and error...has gone into this build. My buddy will be by later to help me load it into my truck so I should have some more pics later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.