NSTALN's Froggy Frontier 5.1 surround build

What did you use to go from head unit to the alpine dsp?
Direct connect from the front left and right speaker outputs from headhunt to RCA input on PXA-H800...The Alpine is designed to accept high level inputs on the RCA as well as low level. You just have to select which one in the Alpine programming.

My factory radio just has basic 4-channel full range output so no special processing is needed before input.

Sub enclosure installed in truck. Enjoy the pics!

75OMY3x.jpg

jrEZpz8.jpg

qhh9H0p.jpg

Lh7H0lZ.jpg

MyuwCqA.jpg

hwGrJG4.jpg

qgeOpwO.jpg

JXOFiyS.jpg

Little video:

https://imgur.com/rbLH9kD

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really nice...clean too.

May ask ya for some ideas man. I gotta big monster amp on the way to me that I just bought. Trouble is, finding a good spot to mount it.

like the install just not the **** disco light-show aspect of it
Who are you trying to fool? You love disco and ****'s...it's ok...come on outta the closet. It's safe.

I'm just playin...I typically don't have the colors cycling like that, it does get annoying. I usually have the lights white or aqua-blue/green.

Looks really nice...clean too.
May ask ya for some ideas man. I gotta big monster amp on the way to me that I just bought. Trouble is, finding a good spot to mount it.
Sure...let me know what you're thinking. Let me know what you've got and what you have to work with. If you want you can PM me your #...I'm sure we could come up with something cool.

i like telling "bros" how "pretty" their halo lights and led strips on their lifted trucks looks they get so mad
At some point I would like to put a small lift on my truck and maybe some 32's...I've got a buddy who owns a body shop/garage and he's really into lifting trucks. My truck is brand new and I don't know how or if it would affect the warranty. I could care less about halo lights. Personally I wouldn't be offended if you called my truck 'pretty'...I would take it as a compliment. I don't consider myself a 'bro' or a 'redneck'...I'm a guy who likes what I like...and I don't really give a fvck if it meets with someone else's approval.

...but that's just me.

At some point I would like to put a small lift on my truck and maybe some 32's...I've got a buddy who owns a body shop/garage and he's really into lifting trucks. My truck is brand new and I don't know how or if it would affect the warranty. I could care less about halo lights. Personally I wouldn't be offended if you called my truck 'pretty'...I would take it as a compliment. I don't consider myself a 'bro' or a 'redneck'...I'm a guy who likes what I like...and I don't really give a fvck if it meets with someone else's approval.
...but that's just me.
bro detected.

i like your pretty princess lights in ur cab brah

Sure...let me know what you're thinking. Let me know what you've got and what you have to work with. If you want you can PM me your #...I'm sure we could come up with something cool.
Sure thing man. It's a big monster 5 ch amp....company is no longer in business....amp is about 2 ft long.

bro detected.
i like your pretty princess lights in ur cab brah
Those who can, do.

Those who can't, troll.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

By the way, I have a lifted 2015 Chevy Colorado and I love it....lol
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well you must be a 'bro' then. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So the real question is, how does it sound? Really nice build.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It sounds pretty darn good! I was really worried that there would be rattles once the sub box was installed...it's east to make a solid box with just wood and carpet...but once you add lights, plexiglass, mirrors and other various pieces/parts then feed it 1000 watts, **** can shake...I was pleasantly surprised that he box ended up quite solid and really well sealed.

I still need to build pods for my AudioFrog GB25's and GB10's...then there will still be quite a bit of tuning to do...but even just the crude adjustments I've done thus far have yielded pretty good results.

Where in San Diego are you? I grew up in Poway in the northern county of SD.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.