Novice Question: Will This Amp Work for Me?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey, all. Car audio is one of those things I have a hard time understanding no matter how much I read. I can never seem to wrap my head around it. So here's my situation, and I hope I can get some help:

I just bought two (2) 10" RF Punch series P210S4 subs from my friend for $50. They're 4ohm stable, SVC, and each is 200W RMS.

I've been trying to determine what I need in an amp. At work yesterday, I saw this page (and the attached diagram) on Crutchfield:

Crutchfield.com/S-91ocQZfynQX/learn/how-to-match-subwoofers-and-amplifiers.html

My understanding from the chart and the diagram is that I can use a 2ohm mono amp and run the subs in parallel to keep the impedance at 4ohms for each sub. With that in my head, I ordered a Kenwood eXcelon x500 (500W RMS 2ohm mono amp).

So bottom line is I'd like to know if I should be excited for my amp or if I need to return it and buy something else. Thank you for reading and for helping out if you can.

View attachment 26539109

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to be that guy, but could I get one or two more people to back me up? I have someone who says he's a professional installer telling me it's gonna put 500W to each sub and wreck them. That goes against what I've read, but it still has me nervous due to cost of components.

I hate to be that guy, but could I get one or two more people to back me up? I have someone who says he's a professional installer telling me it's gonna put 500W to each sub and wreck them. That goes against what I've read, but it still has me nervous due to cost of components.
That 'professional' installer is a jackass. Your subs will split the power man. Your solid.

You'll be fine bro.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.