Not sure what to expect

Participant count
  • Participant list
So i have 2 jl audio W7s 12" in a ruffly 4cubic ft kerft box. Subs are rebuilt single voice coil 2ohm. Still waiting for 2nd one. **** delivery guy dropped it. Running them with two hd2500 american bass amps strapped. So rms should be around 1500 .5 an amp wired 1ohm I think that should be plenty. I know some speakers read on meters better than others. But I'm curious what some guesses are. It's in a ford f150 back seat ripped out. And full of sound deadner.

So i have 2 jl audio W7s 12" in a ruffly 4cubic ft kerft box. Subs are rebuilt single voice coil 2ohm. Still waiting for 2nd one. **** delivery guy dropped it. Running them with two hd2500 american bass amps strapped. So rms should be around 1500 .5 an amp wired 1ohm I think that should be plenty. I know some speakers read on meters better than others. But I'm curious what some guesses are. It's in a ford f150 back seat ripped out. And full of sound deadner.
Is it me or is this confusing? 1st you say you have 2 12's in *roughly* 4 cubes ported....ok so I continue reading then you say your subs are getting rebuilt and waiting for 2nd one. Wtf??? he just said he has them? Then you say the delivery guy dropped it.....Ok so you have it or not?

I would run 1 amp per sub. Then gain match them both. Not sure what you mean by ".5 an amp wired 1 ohm."

Ok lol i see how thats confusing. I own both subs had to send 1 back it was locked up.They are already rebuilt.I didn't build the box i had it done for me. He did have the size written down inside. It was close to 4. And running the amps strapped together.

Who is rebuilding those subs? OEM parts? Lets have pics of the box.

Absolutely nothing wrong with W7's except for the MSRP. They're plenty capable of getting loud and sounding good.

Fairly safe to say 143

What is the sub and port orientation? Is it subs up port up or something different?

What is the box tuned to?

How much port area?

Is it me or is this confusing? 1st you say you have 2 12's in *roughly* 4 cubes ported....ok so I continue reading then you say your subs are getting rebuilt and waiting for 2nd one. Wtf??? he just said he has them? Then you say the delivery guy dropped it.....Ok so you have it or not?
I would run 1 amp per sub. Then gain match them both. Not sure what you mean by ".5 an amp wired 1 ohm."
Nah, your gonna confuse yourself. Better off running them (amps) as I had previously stated.

I understood his first post just fine. He can stamps amps if he wants to. Not sure if the HD line will like .5ohm life.

Depends what parts are being used to rebuild them. I'd have like a 5-6 cube box. But my guess is 145db give or take

I understood his first post just fine. He can stamps amps if he wants to. Not sure if the HD line will like .5ohm life. Depends what parts are being used to rebuild them. I'd have like a 5-6 cube box. But my guess is 145db give or take

He has a choice, put it to ya that way. So which is easier to do is up to him. Whichever he chooses, it'll be the same. But...imo 1 amp per sub would be easier.

Fixmyspeaker did the subs 80mmXl FW voice coil -SVC2 9" linear roll spider OEM cone and surround. I'll send a pic of the box when i get back from Cali. Subs and port are up. Have the port on driver side i was told that is best. The box goes almost the width of the truck i do remember it being 16"wide. Have room for a xs3400 between it and the door. I have to have all my info before i ask another question. You audio guys don't mess around lol. Details are important. But the guy doing my wiring said i should be fine at .5 He explained it to me but i need to do more reading. I have a lot to learn. Anyhow if it hits low 140s I'm happy with that. My mids

and highs won't drown that out. I should hopefully have my other speaker back by the time i return from my trip. I'll post pic of box and meter read out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.