Not sure what to do

Participant count
  • Participant list

nmx68u
10+ year member

Hi all, i have recently bought a 1992 MR2 and was wondering what kind of setup i should put in.

I currently have a Pioneer 740 mp3 head unit, boston 6.5" rally components for up front, a sony T1002 2 channel and a kenwood 848 4 channel

My problem is now, what subs should i go for that perform in a relatively small box ??? i am told that 10" is the max i could go for behind the seat, and is it worth putting 4" boston splits in the back or should i just get coaxials ??

your system depends entirely on what you are looking for.

are you trying to be as loud as you possibly can? or are you trying to sound the best

(SPL, or SQ)?

well after having big subs in my old car, im kinda over the big bass scene !!

so i'd be leaning towards SQ.

because i used to have 7x10's on the parcel tray in my old car, i wanted to put some good sounding speakers in the back of my new car, but wasnt sure if puting a second pair of splits would produce too much ear piercing treble

sadly though there is only room for 4", and i would want to amp them aswell, so they'd have to handle an amp

then i would go with a Shiva or an Elemental A or K series driver. if you want SQ you should have a small sealed enclosure.

that's my idea, hope it helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.