Not sure what size of woofer to go with..

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
Hey guys, I'm getting a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT and I'm planning on porting my current system over to it (Sundown xv2 12.) I am going to turn it into a duel sub setup. Now since I'm going to have all this room to work with I was considering moving up to 18s. The problem is I'm not entirely sure what the tradeoffs are for different sizes. As in 12s, 15s, 18s. I've read a few articles on Sonic and such that with 18s your sacrifice punchy bass and other stuff, but I've also read on here that people have no problems with that. I am going to stick with the sundown xv2 series, just need to decide on the size, just trying to get the facts straight. I primarily listen I to rap and decaf'd music btw. Any advice is appreciated, thanks y'all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

Hey guys, I'm getting a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT and I'm planning on porting my current system over to it (Sundown xv2 12.) I am going to turn it into a duel sub setup. Now since I'm going to have all this room to work with I was considering moving up to 18s. The problem is I'm not entirely sure what the tradeoffs are for different sizes. As in 12s, 15s, 18s. I've read a few articles on Sonic and such that with 18s your sacrifice punchy bass and other stuff, but I've also read on here that people have no problems with that. I am going to stick with the sundown xv2 series, just need to decide on the size, just trying to get the facts straight. I primarily listen I to rap and decaf'd music btw. Any advice is appreciated, thanks y'all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
ask [MENTION=7802]@Boomin_tahoe he has 2 x 15's

Why tf do all these articles say all these differences? It seems alot of car audio "experts" are not. How much of a difference does the fs make? Also, advice on where to tune? Mines currently tuned at 29, I don't want to lose too much spl, but I would like the mid 20s-30s to play with authority.

It's the box. Most put large woofers in way to small airspace which makes them muddy.

That's one of the old myths that I though was dead.

FS isn't that important with sub bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.