not sure sure if its enough please look

Participant count
  • Participant list

cocoleveo7686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
I have 2 12 D1 dss ethos. Id like to put 2500 rms on them and i mean clamp 2500 rms each sub. I originally was gonna get a ampere audio 5000.1 but i dont know my box rise so as far as i know i could be rising alot.

So i was thinking about trying to clamp 4-5k with 2 amps on .5 amps. The amps i have looked at are scv2k, scv3k, saz2500, and a few more. I have NEVER run an amp below 1 ohms but like i said i dont wanna spent $1000 on a 5k amp for it to only put out maybe 3k after rise.

My Electrical will be 270a singer large case alt. 3 kinetik 2400, and a stock 80ah agm up front. 2 runs of 0 gauge wiring, big 3 done in 0 gauge also.

Like i said hoping to put a true 2000-2500 rms to each sub.

right now i have a vfl 175.1 and its always been ran at 1 ohm but i can get another and run both at .5 ohms but not sure if my electrical is good enough for that. Id set gains for 5500 clean at most.

you'll definitely be dropping into your battery voltages, you're going to need a dedicated ground run as well. the 0 gauge will probably be fine as long as its ofc

thats a decent sized bank but you might be able to get a much bigger bank for less or the same $$, do you have plenty of room? can you fit two alternators?

consider the fact that two korean 2-3k amps at .5 will be pretty inefficient so going overkill on electrical is a must imo

we're talking about 200-300a of current per amp, if not more, really depends if you're pulling it at 12v or 14v and efficiency

Well i got 3 xs d3100 so far. Waiting on the alternator but still haven't gotten an amp. Might just settle for a 5k at 1 ohm. Unless i find the other amps cheaper. Ill just keep gains lower if i have to instead of trying to get alot more out of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.