Not loading

I'm confirming the popup box again, but I was told it was put in for an extra layer of protection when accessing your account.
It's annoying and unnecessary. Why do it for the quotes page and not private messages? Take it off.

The whole site turned into a scam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

At least there's nothing valuable here.

The point of this thread is that due to negligence on the Admin's part, the site is holier than Jesus. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That was my point. I'm on topic.

The point of this thread is that due to negligence on the Admin's part, the site is holier than Jesus. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
That was my point. I'm on topic.
Yes, I was the one who let the site be hacked. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

We're talking about 2 different things. I realize what's going on now with the "quotes notifications" box asking for a password. That should not be there.

Other security was put in and I assumed this was what the issue in question was.

Fixing this now. The password box doesn't seem to have any action, but it still should not be there.

Also, as far as I'm aware the forum software was kept up to date for vulnerabilities and security holes. Although it's a few years old, doing a full upgrade to a newer version would cause quite a bit of downtime and headaches. That is why we're still on this older version. FYI, most other large sites are on even older outdated versions than we are, because of the pain of upgrading. Issues like this happen from time to time, unfortunately.

We're talking about 2 different things. I realize what's going on now with the "quotes notifications" box asking for a password. That should not be there.
Other security was put in and I assumed this was what the issue in question was.
While your here.. Your name remind me of someone..

You know a site named evilpuma.com which changed to xshosting i think it was?

While your here.. Your name remind me of someone..
You know a site named evilpuma.com which changed to xshosting i think it was?
Had to run out of the office yesterday. But I'm not familiar with that.

To the hacking situation, having a few more experts look at everything, we're still assessing and repairing the issues. Unfortunately, it's taking a bit longer than I had hoped.

Fixing this now. The password box doesn't seem to have any action, but it still should not be there.
Also, as far as I'm aware the forum software was kept up to date for vulnerabilities and security holes. Although it's a few years old, doing a full upgrade to a newer version would cause quite a bit of downtime and headaches. That is why we're still on this older version. FYI, most other large sites are on even older outdated versions than we are, because of the pain of upgrading. Issues like this happen from time to time, unfortunately.
This is all being true, but the concern is the modifications done and not the forum software its self.

I admin backends for many illegal warez sites larger then this site, but in the end we chose stabillity over features.

You have to understand your current setup needs work especially that you own a high profile domain due to its keywords.

Please while you fix the backend, fix the frontend also.

Change the moderators and remove curse word blocks.

The less trouble upfront the less enemies youll have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mylows10

5,000+ posts
B2,singer,ampere rep
mylows10
monterey , ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date