Participant count
  • Participant list

Ganglyminnow
10+ year member

4ch. Hifonics Zx640

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1

Aura MR52

Old Kenwood HU

...Had a local Audio shop install my front speakers/run wires today, and as I was on my way home I noticed that I was not hearing the background chorus/guitar on many songs...probably all, but it is more pronounced on some tracks.

E.G. the Verve Pipe - 'Villains' : throughout these begining verses all I hear is words, NO instrumentals!

I turned the volume up this morning

Till there was ringing in my ears

I haven't felt this good in years

I only have one RCA out on my HU so they split the rca to run to both my front speakers, and my subwoofer; I am guessing this is where the problem lies, but am unsure. Any ideas? I'm going to bring it back for them to fix tommorrow, but i'd rather get it fixed myself so I dont have to go all the way back there!

well see if the amp you are running for the highs/mids, has a input & output rca's.

run 1 set from the headunit grounding the outer case of the rca's to chassis ground.

put those rca's into the input of the high/mid amp and another set from the output into the input of the second amp and check your crossovers.??

try it!

But I only have one amp, a single 4 channel; CH. 1&2 power front speakers& highpass selected. CH. 3&4 bridged to subwoofer with low-pass selected.
try selecting full range for channels 1 and 2 and see if that helps, there is a possibility that the x-over setting on HP was possibly set too high and thus lacking more mid frequencies where your guitar would come into play

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.