Not good news for me....Help with amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

btdickey99
5,000+ posts

I Hate the Tarheels
Ok so I install my Zenon 7501(2500@1) and jle4300...works great for about a minute and now either will work:confused:...so I check the voltage reading coming in and both are sitting at10.4 - 9.8(not good at all)....

I am using my rear battery(stinger SP1000) as a distro, and this battery is getting the same readings as well, but my battery up front doesnt drop below 15.5v, and usually stays @ 16.3v.

Do you think running one amp off just my front battery will be the fix? I am eventually going to get a HO alt, but am wondering if I can atleast listen to everything, bc I will rarely have my amp above 1/4.

Please help, about what I should do, maybe even a small chap battery to run just my mids and highs off of or what?

Ok so I install my Zenon 7501(2500@1) and jle4300...works great for about a minute and now either will work:confused:...so I check the voltage reading coming in and both are sitting at10.4 - 9.8(not good at all)....
I am using my rear battery(stinger SP1000) as a distro, and this battery is getting the same readings as well, but my battery up front doesnt drop below 15.5v, and usually stays @ 16.3v.

Do you think running one amp off just my front battery will be the fix? I am eventually going to get a HO alt, but am wondering if I can atleast listen to everything, bc I will rarely have my amp above 1/4.

Please help, about what I should do, maybe even a small chap battery to run just my mids and highs off of or what?
how can your bat up front stay at 16V, that seems too high..and yes it seems like your rear bat isnt getting enough juice...did u check the power and ground..maybe u have a loose connection on it?

how can your bat up front stay at 16V, that seems too high..and yes it seems like your rear bat isnt getting enough juice...did u check the power and ground..maybe u have a loose connection on it?
no loose power or ground on the rear battey.....maybe my battery has gone bad?

silly question, your back battery is connected to the front one right?
yea? not a bad question tho.. you never know...

disconnect ur rear batt. check it with a DVOM. then check the power wire comeing from the front batt. check it at the trunk. and under the hood before and after the fuse...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.