Not another one of those DB questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phatillusion
5,000+ posts

Banned
How many times do we need to tell people that we can't estimate your db's. Yet I see new threads everyday. It seems to me like people are more worried about db's than what they have in their car. 150 is not easy to get, especially with 1 or 2 subs. There is a lot planning and hard work involved. Not to mention, most likely your enclosure will be very huge. Bigbassman has 2 subs and a huge enclosure, and I think he has been in the 150's. Ask him how much time he put into his installation. I'm sure it's more than the average person is willing to do. Zane had a setup in the high 150's, I think 4 15" HE's, ask him how much time he put into his setup. Point is, don't ask, do your install, then get it metered, if your not happy, then spend another $1000, see what that can do. You don't need huge DB's to have a good system. I've heard some of the best SQ setups that were in the mid 140's, even one that was pushing the low 130's.

hey, what are the sq systems set up that hit in the 130s and 140s? I'm _still_ looking for a sub that will have tight as hell transient response, but won't totally **** in the DB department. I'm happy if it hits mid 130s or low 140s (I'll be crankin' 2k of class AB watts to the subs).

Freekin' hard to choose subs these days. ARGH

Originally posted by audiolife idmax would do great as well as solobarics in a propper box
If I only had a dollar for every time you mention idmax or matt. I'd be rich. Quit talking about them, take those L5's out and put a pair in.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by Phatillusion 150 is not easy to get, especially with 1 or 2 subs. There is a lot planning and hard work involved. Not to mention, most likely your enclosure will be very huge. Bigbassman has 2 subs and a huge enclosure, and I think he has been in the 150's.
yep.. I'm currently doing a 156db center dash legal on the Audiocontrol, and a 159db at the kickpanel.

2 15's, 14.5 cuft of box, 250 sq inches of port, and 1850 watts. I've put over 50 hours into the setup just this season (it started in late feb). That's not counting the hours spent tuning and tweeking, that's just build and modify time. I've probably spent a good 10 hours on the meter testing, this season.

150 on an accurate meter (dash, and sealed up), is a hard thing to do, you cannot throw a couple subs in the trunk, add some power, and expect a 150.

Loyd L.

Originally posted by audiolife not according to some... heck at least 1 person a week is doing 154 db with a pair a 12's in a 2 cft box in the trunk of a 1976 t bird lol:rolleyes:
There's only way a thunder chicken with that setup could do a 154db... add a stick of dynomite in the box, and detonate it... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Loyd L.

Originally posted by audiolife i will but i am waiting on the 15 =)
I hope you aren't holding your breath... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

phd-12v is doing 143 with a single ID Max...

I know a single brahma 12" will push about 140+ in a recent install I demo'd in the back of a 95 z28 and an infinity beta 300 on it...

Sounded awesome, and was loud without a doubt....

i have 2 new 15 l5's to hold me over..i used to have a set of idw 15's and i loved them!!!!!! once you set up a big woofer right its hard to go back lol and i have plenty of space for a pair,,,,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.