Noob, RMS and Budget. Idk what is good.

3v0

IL
I signed up here almost a year ago and forgot I had an account. Time to use it, LOL. I recently bought an older acura CL. I want to upgrade the system but I have some guide lines.

I want to keep the power to 600rms or under. The alternator is like 70-80amps and I hear you need to leave like 40% to run basic car electrical. I'm not spending money on another bat or a alt.

I have about $400, up to 500, to spend. Things I have are.. Pioneer HU, 2 channel amp that makes 70 watts rms at 4 ohms and 120 at 2 ohms. Finally, a bunch of monster 4g wire. So that leaves the rest for speakers, mono-amp, and subwoofer. This is where I need help.

Can you guys help me piece together a setup with the above guidelines? As for music I listen to, its 50/50. Rock and rap. So I'd like something that can play both well. Obviously this setup wont bring tears to an audiophiles ears, but I want it to be better than a stock setup.

Just messing around myself, I've considered something like this:

Boston S60 components

SSA Dcon or wait and try the sundown SD line.

Some kind of 300-400rms amp.

Ideas? If you can save me money I'll love you forever.

Before I forget, will I need to get mid-bass speakers for the rear? I hear most components dont play mid-bass so well.

we need to know the year CL so we know what speakers fit and try to find a depth.

component speakers that are properly installed play midbass very well. you just need to have good seals and deadening helps. buying a rear midbass means spending less on front components. just buy front components, a sub, and a mono amp.

it would help to know the make/model of your amp and the model of the Pioneer HU.

A used mono amp will save you money. A used sub may also be an option. Hell, just check out our classifieds for deals and your budget is very realistic!

get back to us on the info requested and we'll shoot you some ideas.

its a 95 CL. apparently has a 65amp alt and can fit 6.5 in the front.

the HU is a pioneer DEH 3200-ub

go to sonicelctronix.com you can get an audiobahn alum12 and a sealed box for 140+ship and for an amp look at the mono blocks and put your filter to 500-1000 rms there are some cheap amps. The sub is a dvc 6 ohm so you can wire down to 3 ohms. I have the sub and box i am talking about at around 750 rms and it sounds great. If you want more sp not sq you could get a mofo 124x and a 2 cf ported box for a little more. As for components I have no experience but i am sure you can find something that is reasonable.

If you do want to buy used I have a 12'' IA Lethal Injection d4 that would work perfect with that alpine amp the guy is offering. This sub is a beast. I can let it go for 110 shipped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.