Noob question about DD subs?

marquisbrah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay so from time to time i browse the dd website and look at the subs. I myself have a 2515. However i found a 3510 on CL and i was tempted to buy. I know the 2515 is rated 750/3000 and the 3510 is 1200/4800. Im really tempted but will it be really louder with the proper enclosure and power? ive learned on this site the watt/rating on subs isnt always the best way to determine how the sub will play. The reason i ask is because mines a 15 and the 3500 is a 10. What factors play in determining which would be a better setup with a single sub? Considering they will be in proper boxes and enough amp power to run them according to their rating? My car is a trunk car. Just throwing that out there. Does the size determine anything even if they are the same series such as a 2515 and 2518? Thanks for the input.

you'll notice an increase in SQ from switching to the 10 and maybe some better power handling but overall SPL your 15 will be louder.

you'll notice an increase in SQ from switching to the 10 and maybe some better power handling but overall SPL your 15 will be louder.
By power handling you mean that it can handle more before getting hot or causing damage? But not necessarily louder? Hmm ive pnly had my 15 for about a month but i think im gonna hang on to it and get the absolute best i can out of it.

By power handling you mean that it can handle more before getting hot or causing damage? But not necessarily louder? Hmm ive pnly had my 15 for about a month but i think im gonna hang on to it and get the absolute best i can out of it.
the 3510 can take more power, thus the coil won't heat up as quickly. heat is what kills subs, it melts the glue that holds the suspension and coil together. of course, overpowering the sub will too (bottoming out) but that's a different story..lol

Yep. The only variable is the cone size.
Does cone size have alot to do with the 2515 being louder than the 3510? So in this case, how do the two compare? Just power handling? How bout a 3515? Is that where the actual difference kicks in? Its funny all i always looked at was the watts and stuff. not really a detailed specs kinda person, but i can see now why its important

Does cone size have alot to do with the 2515 being louder than the 3510? So in this case, how do the two compare? Just power handling? How bout a 3515? Is that where the actual difference kicks in? Its funny all i always looked at was the watts and stuff. not really a detailed specs kinda person, but i can see now why its important
DD 2515 is going to be quite a bit louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.