Noob question about active crossover and amp settings

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm not sure how to answer about airspace. It is big, haha. I have the crossover frequency set to 80hz, that's what he recommended.
I'm not talking about crossover frequency. A crossover is merely a filter that cuts off certain frequencies before it even gets to the speaker. When you're dealing with box specs of a ported box, the port itself has a tuning. For a daily ported box, most are tuned around the 30's range. That means you'll have a nice bump around the tuning frequency. When you calculate airspace, you have to subtract out the displacement of sub, thickness of wood, port, bracing, and anything else that's inside the box. The fact that your box is big, it'll make your sub very efficient(loud) with very little power.

It;s very unlikely that you popped the Pico if you didn't hot swap or short something out. So you might just be yet another victim of plain ol alt whine.

If you ground the RCA's and it gets waaaaay better, it's a good sign that the Pico is gone.

The 80 has a bit of a learning curve, but like anything else, once you learn it you can fly through the menus.

Are you in network mode? High or Lo output?

I'm not talking about crossover frequency. A crossover is merely a filter that cuts off certain frequencies before it even gets to the speaker. When you're dealing with box specs of a ported box, the port itself has a tuning. For a daily ported box, most are tuned around the 30's range. That means you'll have a nice bump around the tuning frequency. When you calculate airspace, you have to subtract out the displacement of sub, thickness of wood, port, bracing, and anything else that's inside the box. The fact that your box is big, it'll make your sub very efficient(loud) with very little power.
It's 2.5 net @35hz

So ground the RCAs again and call it a day, really no need to swap out the HU.
Yeah I just grounded them, 100% eliminated the alternator whine. I definitely blew the pico fuse. It's really frustrating though because I didn't even hot swap the rcas. It's just that one of them was very loose and actually came unplugged then touched it again and there it went. Really lame those things are SO sensitive. I'm just going to say screw it and assume it won't hurt anything else.

Yeah I just grounded them, 100% eliminated the alternator whine. I definitely blew the pico fuse. It's really frustrating though because I didn't even hot swap the rcas. It's just that one of them was very loose and actually came unplugged then touched it again and there it went. Really lame those things are SO sensitive. I'm just going to say screw it and assume it won't hurt anything else.
You should be good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.