Noob Needs Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

theseusc1

I have a 2012 Kia Rio and am running an MTX 10" powered sub. There were no RCA jacks on the head unit, so I ran a line output converter to the left rear door. I ran the remote wire to an accessory fuse and tapped it. I grounded it appropriately to a metal screw against non-painted metal chassis. I used 8 gauge wiring for the power and ran that to a fuse block and then to the battery. Just trying to eliminate some unnecessary questions about my setup. Now to the question: The bass will come on intermittently. I will say more times then not, but usually there's a delay involved. Oh and yes, the remotes is connected to a 12 amp fuse. The second question: My amp tipped and pulled the crimp ring off the power wire. No problem, I just fanned out the copper and screwed it back on without. Within a day, my car was dead. No lights or additional power sources were left on either. Also my key transmitter would no longer work? Not thinking the two were related, I got a jump, it fired up immediately, and I went to get the battery checked out. The battery was perfect, as were the cables. Next day, car dead again. That night, unplugged the power from the amp. 2 days later, car still holding a charge and starting with no problem AND the transmitter on my key started working again. What...the...hell???

The REMOTE input on the amp needs to be connected to a *switched* power source. Otherwise the amp is on all the time (even when car is off). Is the amp's REMOTE input connected to a switched source?

It would help us help you if you told us the exact make/model LOC and make/model amp you are using.

Yes, it's connected to a "switched" source. As for the make and model, I opened with that in the beginning of my post. "I have a 2012 Kia Rio and am running an MTX XT110P" powered sub. What else can I tell you about the make and model of either that will help you, help me, please?

Thanks

So what should I see/be looking for in output, the ampage? What's the normal range, or is it particular to the amp's specs?

Thanks for your suggestion!

Turn "Auto-Sense" off.

The MTX is trying to sum all the inputs - while it should work with only one channel, it will work best if you can connect both left and right front inputs.

Better yet, connect all four (front r/l & rear r/l)

(EDIT - sorry, missed that you are using LOC)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.