Noob needs help

That all looks pretty good to me your list that is. mtxs arent bad but id still do 12s anyway. if you go with mtx put pollyfill in the box. that will trick the subs into thinking they'll have more space. i said what i said because he seemed like he wanted something that had decent power and didnt have a lot of room. I said he could remove his back seat... yeah you can do 10s but they dont put out as low of a frequency as 12s and if your lisening to hip hop and such you will want the lows. thats y i said the dual 12s as i did. also he will have enough air space for 12s. I think you should start out with the dual 12s. if you dont like them you can always change them and do diffrent options. the speakers you picked out are good. they put out really good sound.

ok switched back to the 12s if thy dont sound good i can always send them back..

i am just gonna put them under the seat i drive to many people around to loose the back seat.

now im probably gonna order the parts on monday so il pick them up on tuesday or il order whenever they get that box back in stock,

what do i need to know about the install

only thing i know really about the audio set up is how to tear one out and make room for a roll cage haha.. build some drag cars in the last few years..

also how the wiring is gonna go and were i am gonna put the amp

DSC01026.jpg

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04460.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

plymikebx008-1.jpg

ok i decided to order all the parts but the box and il get that when it comes in stock..

but i still want to know the specs and how to make that box up there got the appropiate tools to build one i think

i could tell you how to hook up your wiring but you would probably just get confused. so i found a video that does a decent job of tell you how to do it. its in a car but same principles apply to your truck.

For the box you'll have to take the measurements from the online box and make sure you follow them exactly. if i were you the box in the picture above that is just plain wood and is not complete i would draw up what it would look like on a piece of paper. if you want i could tell you how many pieces of each size of board you will need and tell you step by step of how to put it together and cut it. if you have a table saw that'll be the best thing to use to cut the wood to eact sizes.

i could tell you how to hook up your wiring but you would probably just get confused. so i found a video that does a decent job of tell you how to do it. its in a car but same principles apply to your truck.

awsome video that will help alot

but i would really like to do a box like the one from sonic or even better one like zierbox

as in i would prefer the subs facein up

i got saws thats not a problem my grandpa is a carpenter

I dont know why you would want the subs facing up except for the fact of seeing them. A bad thing about having them facing up is there is a lot higher risk of damaging your subs. not to mention it will cancel out some of your sound because its firing into the seat which will deadend some of the sound. if you have them facing down with the box open to the cap it will allow more of the sound to get out.

For the box i would get your grandmpa to help you. if you do that you will be a lot more happy with the end result. follow the box design from sonic. it tells you the hight, width, and depth.

One last thing about the subs i would also recommend the Pioneer TS-W308D2 or the Pioneer TS-W308D4. the diffrence is one is dual 2 ohm and the other is dual 4 ohm. the cool thing about these subs is the diffrence in recommended sealed box size. has a good range so you can find more of the sound your wanting. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok il dot he one from sonic

we are gonna build it on wedsday or thursday when he gets back in town

so the parts will probably be here on tuesday and i want to set up the HU and reg speakers first.. am i connectiong those to the amp or what im confused on that part

ok. that sounds good.

i would put your speakers in and all of your wiring to your amp and hook all of the wires that need to be hooked up to your hu. you will not hook up your speakers that go in your door and back speakers to the amp. those will be attached to the existing wiring of your old speakers. make sure you get positive with positive and negative with negative. i would also put your amp in and get all of the wires ran, except for the wires going to your subs. that way all you'll have to do when you get your box done is run your wires to your subs. oh and on those subs if you get the Pioneer subs you will want to get the dual two ohm. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8341_Pioneer+TS-W307D2.html

thats the link to check them out. when you wire them up you will want both of your speaker wires going to where it says dual 2 ohm on the amp.

well for your speakers to get more out of them especially with the mids and highs. A 4 channel amp would be great for those. I was thinking about saying something but i wasnt sure on exactly what you wanted and it seemed like you didnt have enough money. You dont have to get one right away but if you want you could get one that is rated for what you speakers put out. you will also have to run another set of wires from your battery to your amp and another ground. also you will have to run all of the wires from your reciever to your amp. that would be the easiest way. you could put both of your amps underneath your seats. i checked out how much you'll be spending without a 4 channel amp and with a 4 channel with wiring. without $640. with $711. even though the amp im looking at isnt the best rated it will work well and you can always upgrade. heres the amp and wiring kit.

amphttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17616_Boss+CW350.html

wiringhttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_53_Complete+8+Gauge+Amplifier+Kit.html

like i said you dont have to get that 4 channel amp right now. you can hook it up to your reciever/cd player at it will be fine. Also those subs i recommended (pioneer TS-W308D2) are pretty cheap for the size. if you need to go down even more i could tell you some diffrent speakers you can get.

also, If your making the box that will save you probably around $90.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.