Noob lol help please

So you have a a budget of $300-$500 an your wanting a 10" sub an 2 pairs of 6x8s an a mono and 4 channel amp or a 5 channel amp correct. Do you have a box an wiring kit already

Lol but I seriously don't plan on spending a lot of money on a system. Like I said just a nice upgrade. Nice speakers,amps, sub and I'm good. I don't need too much to be satisfied. anything is a big upgrade already and besides I read reviews and people seem satisfied by it all. Can u least show u a decent amp to run my set up I have planned please? U said boss ***** right? Lol

@Twilight213;

you can find speakers and subs that are better than Kicker or Fosgate for the same or cheaper price. For speakers, you should take a look at these: Alpine SPR-68 (SPR68) 6" x 8" 2-Way Type-R Coaxial Car Speakers. Alpine is another name brand type company, but these 6x8s are $110 off.

You also need to keep in mind that you need a subwoofer box. That will be about $150 and you can get it custom built perfectly for the sub you choose. @double 07; is a well known box builder around here and has helped many of us out. A sub in prefab box is basically like having half of a sub. It will not get nearly as loud or sound nearly as good as it could. My friend didnt believe me about this, and used a prefab for a long time. Then he got a good box and he was mad at me for not forcing him to get one earlier hahaha.

I have someone who will wire and install it for me. But yes your correct. Don't I need two amps though? For better sound?
Here is what you need:

- 2 pairs of speakers (one for the front, one for the rear)

- 1 4 channel amp (one speaker per channel)

- 1 subwoofer

- Mono amp (for subwoofer)

- sub box

- 4g or 0g power wire from positive battery terminal to distribution block

- power distribution block to receive wire from batt. terminal, and split it into two wires (one for each amp)

- 6 sets of RCA cables (two for the 4 channel speaker amp and one for the mono sub amp)

- Lots of speaker wire (16g for the speakers, 14g for the sub)

Thanks man do you think you can show me the exact amps I need on a link? Ones to power perfectly what I'm looking for? Thank you I owe you buddy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif just scary cuz people always say too much power is bad and less is bad lol it's so nuts. U guys are smart with it

Thanks man do you think you can show me the exact amps I need on a link? Ones to power perfectly what I'm looking for? Thank you I owe you buddy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif just scary cuz people always say too much power is bad and less is bad lol it's so nuts. U guys are smart with it
No problem. FYI, if you want me to know that you want to talk to me, either quote my post or mention me using @ my username ; (no spaces). You don't need to worry about getting an amp that is too powerful as long as you set it the right way. You could get a 1 million watt amp and use it on speakers rated for 1 watt and never have a problem as long as you set it correctly haha. On the other hand, if you get an amp that is rated for less watts than your speakers are, you aren't pushing your speakers to their full potential.

Like a lot of other people are saying you might want to get a 5 channel amp. It's basically two amps in one (4 channel speaker amp + a mono subwoofer amp). I have a feeling that no matter what you get you will end up being over $500, even with the cheapest parts (which is not a good idea haha). I spent $300 on a mono amp, $200 on a sub, and $150 on a box. Albeit, I could have knocked the total down a couple hundred by buying online, but you get what I'm saying. You may want to wait until you have about $1000 to spend and get some stuff you will actually enjoy. Sorry to break it to ya bud, but I think it's in your best interest. Another idea is to just piece it together over time. So you might buy the 2 sets of 6x8s and a 4 channel amp with the money you have now, and then get a substage when you have another $500 to spend. Best of luck, and feel free to private message me if you want!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.