Noob lol help please

Twilight213

Hello I'm a noob to the car audio game. I've been looking around figuring stuff out as I go but it's still a bit overwhelming. So many amps and speakers and subs and yeah. I couldn't find a forum for help on this subject so I thought I might here.

I'm looking into purchasing a fosgate or kicker setup in my ford explorer but I don't really know where to start or what I'm looking for or what sound good together. I tried getting help at audio stores but they are only willing to help if I'm buying from them and they are way over priced and are probably selling me stuff 3x the normal prices.

Anyway I'm looking for a nice set nothing too extravagant or powerful enough to be heard 15 blocks away. Just something moderate with great sound!

Can I have help with recommendations and possible building on what to buy? Amps are the most confusing things out there. Maybe just tell me what amps I need and speakers and subs. I don't mind paying for installation but to pay 3x the price and get ripped off isn't my idea. Anyway thanks for reading this and your help. Ps I have a alpine cde-121 receiver installed already. Just looking for 2 amps 1 10' sub and 2 pairs of speakers 6x8

Well so far I want the p1s4-10 sub and the p1683 speakers but I don't know what amps to get to power it. Fosgate amps would be nice too. I'm not sure if they sound good together or if I can do even better with a few more bucks. But I don't want a powerhouse to where I can bring down a building lol. Just a nice sounding system from fosgate or kicker. Cuz on amazon the price of the fosgate speakers are 60 a pair and then 60 for the sub. They're so cheap on amazon and brand new.

I was trying to get help on another forum but the guy was only trying to sell me stuff. Can u help me please? I'm not looking for anything fancy just nice sounding stuff that I can enjoy listening to on trips. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thank you and I hope u guys understand where I'm coming from

if your are set on these speakers and sub, just look for a 5 channel amp, check sonicelectronics, or vminnovations, they are vendors on this site. the other guy was just trying to help, knows what he's doing. we all started out just looking for a little bass, then you get bit by it. just easier to start out right than to have to catch up. why not do it right up front?

Idk I always here how they are the best and I do enjoy my dads fosgate setup. Is the punch lineup not decent enough for someone who's not too picky but would love some nice quality sound? Doesn't have to be top of the line but everyone's recommending fosgate for its price and its quality. It's enjoyable and sounds just fine from what I hear and read. I just need to know the 2 amps needs to power the speakers and sub. Of "6"x8" Punch 3-Way Full Range Speaker" and "10" Punch P3 4-Ohm DVC Subwoofer"

If u have any changes to my set up please let me know. But the amps needed would be appreciated. Too many different channels and Mono amps to pick the right one. I'm not sure what works with what. But thank u all for your time and help

boss succs lol. OP i tell you what save your money and invest in some good sh1t! you wont regret it. i was once like you bought cheap audio and just lost money on doing that. my advice to you is lurk around the forums a bit and you'll learn what is good and what isnt TRUST me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.