noob help now please :(

they feel fine if i just push @ the bottom and go in you hear the scratch, but you do with most subs like that anyway

its just weird. i could wang chang these *****es up to 32 the other day, and now i cant beat them past 15-20

1) Run a small piece of extenstion wire from the battery + and measure volts on the + of the amp. Look for voltage drops as you turn the amp up and it cuts out. Do the same for the - battery to the - of the amp. Ideally, you should always read near zero on this test. If you get a high reading, you have a bad connection somewhere. This test should be done at high volume.

2) Connect a pair of headphones to the preouts of your HU. Either hack up a pair or get a proper adapter. This will eliminate the possibility that your HU is bad.

3) Check voltage on your remote wire when it's cutting out.

... if those tests were good, I'd suspect the amp is bad.

well i sold the set up for 150$

i got the amp for 30$ and the subs for 50$ in the box. so 80 into 150 aint bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

oh and they wanged in his car.

well i sold the set up for 150$
i got the amp for 30$ and the subs for 50$ in the box. so 80 into 150 aint bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

oh and they wanged in his car.
I suspect you should take your next install to a professional.

I think you have the sub wired for 1 ohms I had the same problem but could not figure it out until i took a dmm and set it to OHMS and checked the wires going to the amp it was reading 1.2 ohms so i rewired it and its fine now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.