Noob didn't quite get it in the 101

Nothings wrong with 2ohm. Just depends on your goal. Implying the goal is to get no power after rise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
SAE 1000 would be the amp I'd run with those subs.
With 2 ohm, you or in this case OP will get more rise than 1/2 ohm. Lets see what the final outcome is.

Ak stealth, you have the subs now?

Nothings wrong with 2ohm. Just depends on your goal. Implying the goal is to get no power after rise //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
SAE 1000 would be the amp I'd run with those subs.
What kinda power is there at 1/2 ohm with that Sundown amp?... I just want the op to see it... lol

What kinda power is there at 1/2 ohm with that Sundown amp?... I just want the op to see it... lol
Before rise its north of the 2k area

I can't remember if it was that amp or sundowns 1500 that was SOOOO underrated. One of them did almost 800rms over rated @ 1ohm. Don't remember what amp it was tho :/

Before rise its north of the 2k area
I can't remember if it was that amp or sundowns 1500 that was SOOOO underrated. One of them did almost 800rms over rated @ 1ohm. Don't remember what amp it was tho :/
If was most likely the SAZ1500. SAE series barely does rated and is made in China vs under rated Korean built SAZ. SCZ is the current line that is Korean built.

With 2 ohm, you or in this case OP will get more rise than 1/2 ohm. Lets see what the final outcome is.
Ak stealth, you have the subs now?
Nah! Tax season homework....i plan to take the complete advice I'm getting here and maybe going with a sundown amp. But according to the advice I got earlier at 2 ohm the sae1500 only delivers 800w rms that's 400 w per. Which is not enough for two SA 8 dual 2 ohm subs. Higher than that there pretty expensive. Any way does anyone like the CT sounds meso? 20 bucks or so cheaper than the sun downs...any fees back please...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nah! Tax season homework....i plan to take the complete advice I'm getting here and maybe going with a sundown amp. But according to the advice I got earlier at 2 ohm the sae1500 only delivers 800w rms that's 400 w per. Which is not enough for two SA 8 dual 2 ohm subs. Higher than that there pretty expensive. Any way does anyone like the CT sounds meso? 20 bucks or so cheaper than the sun downs...any fees back please...
I think people are implying you should wire at half ohm. I'd encourage you to ask them if they'll honor the warranty if the amp blows up when you do so. There's a reason they're not warrantied there.

Do you already own the subs? The amp? Hifonics amp is no worse than the NVX/PPI some have suggested.

Agreed, if you already own the d2 subs the Kicker amp is designed to make power at 2 ohms and they're typically quite reliable.

I think people are implying you should wire at half ohm. I'd encourage you to ask them if they'll honor the warranty if the amp blows up when you do so. There's a reason they're not warrantied there.
Do you already own the subs? The amp? Hifonics amp is no worse than the NVX/PPI some have suggested.

Agreed, if you already own the d2 subs the Kicker amp is designed to make power at 2 ohms and they're typically quite reliable.
Awesome thanks guys...Ported or sealed ?

What's the difference in these two ported boxes which is best? Seems like a very subjective question I know but, thank u

ed37cc258f550715aeebc39f15fe1eae.jpg
62a37036c13e994dce3680a01f6272fb.jpg
3c61f1b7e42389a984110ad525ab79f6.jpg

Awesome thanks guys...Ported or sealed ?

What's the difference in these two ported boxes which is best? Seems like a very subjective question I know but, thank u

ed37cc258f550715aeebc39f15fe1eae.jpg
62a37036c13e994dce3680a01f6272fb.jpg
3c61f1b7e42389a984110ad525ab79f6.jpg

1st design is a standard aero port.

2nd design is slot but its done pretty godamn stupid one lol. So much impeded airflow all around.

1st design is a standard aero port. 2nd design is slot but its done pretty godamn stupid one lol. So much impeded airflow all around.
?[emoji106]thanks after I get back from this ******** short deployment I'll let you guys know how it all go's the kicker if it's available in feb is the route I'll probably go. Thank u all so much for the quick responses.....

Looking for clarity. Do you have the subs?

If not , ill suggest going with 4ohm instead of the 2ohm

which will allow you to see a 1ohm load.

Doing so will give you a vast selection of amps to choose from

?[emoji106]thanks after I get back from this ******** short deployment I'll let you guys know how it all go's the kicker if it's available in feb is the route I'll probably go. Thank u all so much for the quick responses.....
Stay safe. Conventional wisdom these days is to avoid stuffing car subwoofer boxes. That plan may be old or otherwise obsolete.

With aero ported enclosures why do you want to have the port on the side vice front facing the same as the woofer? Someone told me that it had to be side facing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.