noise problems

true-one
10+ year member

i have a 94 pontiac sun bird with a pioneer 2600 hu and mtx 6 by 9s and 2 kicker comp 12s with a legacy 1000 4channell pushin them and 250 watt cheapy amp pushin the mtx and im keep gettin a wineing sound that maches the rpms .

How so? I have picked up noise from my RCAs being close to my power wire, I could physically movethem close, hear the noise, then move them away and the noise would go away.
mine run all together and I'm using those shitty Walmart RCAs(on highs) and a pair of Stinger twisted cables(on subs). I have no alt whine, noise.

you had shitty rca's probably
knuconceptz, not the greatest but thats not the point, RCAs CAN pick noise up in from the power wire.

Somebody didnt just make that up one day.

mine run all together and I'm using those shitty Walmart RCAs(on highs) and a pair of Stinger twisted cables(on subs). I have no alt whine, noise.
Preout voltage? I only had 2v at the time.

The RCA POWER wire will always be a hot topic. I have been installing stereos for 20 years, and I know basic laws of elec says you are not supposed to be able to pick up noise from a A/C sig (which your RCAS are) and a DC Signal (which your power wire is).

To answer this from experience is YES YOU CAN. I cannot explain why, but it happened to me on more than one install. Granted the customer wanted to use the shitty RCAS and POWER wire, but I have also installed shitty stuff and never got the noise.

Like most of the people said start with the basics. Find out if it is which amp it is comming through (unhook the sub amp then swap). It very well may be the cheap ass amp is picking up ground loop from its own ground. I know most of the old heads are saying WTF are you saying.

Here goes again this is not supposed to happen, but I have seen it, and it is a mother to find the problem. I have seen CHEAP amps, hell even some expensive amps pick up a signal from another amps ground. Some how the one amp was putting noise into the other amp (the only common item on either amp was a ground) through the ground. One of the amps had a short, but still played bass just fine. Long story.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.