Cliping when turning up volume. Quick fix please

BoominBeast

Banned
MI
I bought a kenwood kac 929 which is a 400 rms amp. And had that powering a single sub. The issue is that when i turn the music up. it starts to clip. I know that the system can get much louder, but refuse to blast knowing that it will clip.

This was a quick but simple installation.

Would this issue be related to the wiring or just the fact that the amp overheats on some signals??

make sure to turn loudness off also. start your deck with a flat EQ and start with your gains all down. then turn your deck to about half way on the volume and turn your gains up from there to a good volume. then try turning up the deck and see if it is still clipping.

the only way to really see when it starts to clip is with an oscope hooked up to your sub i think or the rca's.

i always advise that IF you're gonna use "loudness", or bass boost, or the "superbass" setting, etc... you should set the gain with that feature active. If you set the amp up @ vol 45 with a flat eq, then crank the loud &/or bass knob at vol 45, you ARE going over the wattage you're setup for.

*o'scope probes should be at amp output terminals.

i turned the gain down. the bass is on negative 5. Loudness off. Im still CLIPING. even at low volumes now where u can barely hear the bass. Im pretty sure my amp has a built in filter but if not would that be the status of my problem. Its really starting to bug me now because i cant even enjoy a single track

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.