No sound out of left channel on factory premium stereo on my 1998 Lincoln Town Car

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingoftoys

CarAudio.com Newbie
My first post on this site. I recently purchased a 1998 Lincoln Town Car with factory premium stereo, JBL speakers with a subwoofer, amp and cd changer. I'm not sure if it was this way when I got the car. The driver side door speaker and rear speaker on the same side do not work at all. Is this an issue with the head unit or does the amp in the trunk power both the subwoofer and the other 4 speakers? I don't know if the head unit has any type of amp in it. I asked for help on a Lincoln site and nobody will respond. Any help is appreciated. Howard

The power amp has two connectors going to it. The one with 5 wires was the one I thought powered all the speakers. The other one goes to the subwoofer. I tried something by unhooking the 5 wire connector and I still have sound out of the two right speakers. Doesn't this tell me the deck does have an amp. So my issue must be bad speakers, bad wiring or an issue with the head? I have the wiring manual on order and I need the special tool to take the deck out. Once done, can I just check the ohm reading on the deck plug for all the speakers and avoid having to take door panels off and the backseat ledge? If that checks out, it must be the deck? Thanks for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.