No sound from subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Meep
10+ year member

Florida
Hooked up my two 12" RF Punch HX2s to my Lanzar Heritage 1000W 2-ch. amp on my Pioneer 7300-BT headunit but I'm getting absolutely no sound from my subs. Amp is getting power but no sound or movement from my subs. Crossover settings, HU setup, bad RCAs, or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

well it can be any of those ,first check your deck settings ,make sure the x overs and sub settings are turned on .then see if the subs have any readings with a ohm meter .if still no sound then check rca's wires and so on

The sub will play regardless of crossover settings. Set it at what you think sounds best once you get it working.

I would start by getting a Y-audio cable (3.5mm to RCA) and plugging it into an Ipod, your phone, whatever as long as it plays music. Unplug your RCA's and plug it directly into the sub amp. Turn the amp on and if you have sound there is a problem with the headunit or the RCA cables. If there isn't your problem is in the amp or subs.

My deck is weird. I have 4 speakers; my two front and two rear. My HU finds my rear speakers as the subs although I'm pretty sure I'm outputting through the rear/sub output.

Here, skip to 1:04:

My rear speakers are set to SW and preout to SW. But my HU is using the rear speakers hooked up with the power cord input and not the RCA out for some reason.

The sub will play regardless of crossover settings. Set it at what you think sounds best once you get it working.
I would start by getting a Y-audio cable (3.5mm to RCA) and plugging it into an Ipod, your phone, whatever as long as it plays music. Unplug your RCA's and plug it directly into the sub amp. Turn the amp on and if you have sound there is a problem with the headunit or the RCA cables. If there isn't your problem is in the amp or subs.
My cable didn't keep the amp on so this didn't work :p

My cable didn't keep the amp on so this didn't work :p
I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You will have to have your key on and the HU on before you can try this. The amp has to be powered on. All you're doing is switching the signal source.

Your deck does have some odd settings. My 6400BT played right off the bat through the rear/sub output.

Yeah I know my key and HU were on. But my amp doesn't turn on(or won't turn on) if it doesn't have RCA cables connected.

The RCA cables from the HU to the amp will keep the amp turned on but my 3.5 to RCA cable doesn't keep my amp turned on.

Check out the pictures below.

hurca_zps0e153fb3.png

35rca_zps5c4c0cbe.png

I was going to ask about the remote being hooked up or the head unit being powered on when you try the 3.5 to rca set up.

I didnt read past the first reply or 2.

No no, the remote wire will turn the amp on but only if it has RCAs plugged in.

Hmm? o.o
That is odd. I've never messed with an amp that worked like that. You can try fooling with different sources to get it to power on, just to make sure everything with the amp and sub is working right.

That is odd. I've never messed with an amp that worked like that. You can try fooling with different sources to get it to power on, just to make sure everything with the amp and sub is working right.
Tried using a RCA to 3.5 converter on the original RCA cable (cable that I'm using from my HU to amp) and didn't keep the sub on... Argh. It's like it has to be connected to a headunit but I dunno. :x

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.