No sound from my sub...

Participant count
  • Participant list

theseusc1

I had a 15" Cerwin-Vega Stroker and a Fahrenheit PowerAkkoustic Q2-1800 amp installed some years back. Later, due to the drainage on my battery, I purchased a BatCap 800 and installed that. Everything's great. I had to remove said equipment over a year ago to replace the shocks on my car. I attempted to put everything back myself recently. The amp powers up, none of the fuses have blown, and I did disconnect the negative cable on the car before doing any of this. I have no sound from the sub though; not even a low rumble or vibration. If anything, I've noticed the car not wanting to idle correctly and often dying. Admittedly, I'm not 100% on the cable hook-ups. I was trying to do this from memory based on someone else's work that I never looked that closely at. And when I yanked everything a year ago, I honestly hadn't planned on putting it back. I've no manuals to refer to and all my equipment is apparently out of date as I can't find anything online. It should go without saying that I am a novice so, please feel free to spell everything out. Any help would be appreciative.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.