No sound from head unit

wintermute 117
10+ year member

NYC
a few days ago i hit a mild bump in the road and my sound totally cut out, however the head unit was still playing the cd and it looked as if nothing was wrong. I figured that there must be a speaker grounded out so i pulled it out and tried all the speakers one by one. none of them worked. So i checked my fuses, they were all intact. Finally i put my stock HU in and everything worked. I have no idea what the heck is wrong now but i really hope i dont have to pay for it to be repaired.

all my speakers are powered from the head unit and its a Pioneer Premier DEH-P840MP

any help would be greatly apreciated.

thanks

I agree with checking your wiring on your harness. Take it all off, then redo it to ensure you have solid connections. if it still doesnt work, reset your deck. if all else fails, mabye you blew something internally in your head unit.

checked the harness, pulled apart all connections, put em back together and still nothing. No clue how to reset the unit though, that just done by disconnecting the constant power?

thanks

I believe mattj means to hit the reset button if pioneers have them. usually somewhere behind the face plate. if hes pulled apart all the connections then theres no need to disconnect the battery. Disconnecting the postive lead will do the same thing as the negative. the only difference is if he has a cap in line and grounds out the postive lead, he'll see a nice spark. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif sparks are cool.

nah i just read it's betta to unhook the ground..go fig..

are you a pyromaniac by chance? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am. I guess thats why im going to school to be a firefighter..

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i used to want to be a fire fighter it's kinda cool still to me, but i'd rather have money...i still dont see how people want to be police officers though,ugh how boring....hmm maybe that makes me a semi-pyromaniac :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.