NO sound from AM/FM (Alpine 7998)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Paco24det
10+ year member

Hello, I recently sold my Alpine CDA-7998 on eBay. The buyer paid and I sent it out.

The buyer contacted me and said that after getting it professionally installed, the CD works fine, but there is no sound while in tuner mode (AM or FM) The unit worked perfectly while in my vehicle.

I know its a common installation mistake to miswire the remote turn-on and the power ant wires, BUT that makes it no sound from CD, mut tuner works (This is the opposite)

The buyer is going back to the shop tomorrow to try to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas why this would happen. I told him to make sure his amps are on when in tuner mode.

Is it possible for the unit to be faulty ONLY in tuner mode?

The whole situation sounds fishy, but I want to believe the buyer (he paid quickly and has 100%feedback with a LOT of feedback)

Thanks in advance

what was the buyers name i had someone pull that shiit on me...may be the same clown...he ended up sending me a factory deck back and was credited the full paypal amount...case closed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

what was the buyers name i had someone pull that shiit on me...may be the same clown...he ended up sending me a factory deck back and was credited the full paypal amount...case closed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I really dont want to reveal the name in a public forum......

But he sais there is NO sound at all from the tuner, but it will tune into stations.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.