NO power to head unit

Steve Lama

PA
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif I recently purchased a JVC-S580 head unit. After connecting the 12v and ground wires i cannot get any power to it. I also had this problem with two other aiwa head units and took them back thinking they were broken. I am trying to put it in an 89 pontiac firebird. My after market tape player still works when i reconnect that so i am confused as to where the problem is. The negative battery terminal was disconnected so im sure i havent shorted it. Any suggestions?

make sure ur remote wire is correct. u can have the power and ground right but u need a remote to turn it on.To check it run a wire from the remote on the headunit and fuse it into the fusu box under the radio fuse! this is a switched remote so that when the ingnition is turned on teh power is sent to turn the radio on check that or try runing a power wire rigth from the battery.

do this-- twist the radio's turn-on and the radio's power wire together. connect them and the ground directly to the battery. It should power up. if it does get a test light or a volt meter and test--- power,turn on ,ground for the radio.

well to just check it i attached a wire loosely to the radio fuse in the fuse box and then the power wire to the power wire in the wiring harness this is to just check the remote. if that still doesnt work double check all the connections.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.