Can head unit power a subwoofer?

Tincup19

CarAudio.com Newbie
I don't know much (or anything for that matter). I have a random question of whether or not it's possible to connect a 12" sub to my Pioneer DMH-1500nex and get a decent amount of bass out of it? I'm basically just looking for something to take the stress of the bass off the 6x9 speakers that are installed so they don't get blown. I'm guessing in any case an amp is required but thought I'd ask all you that know what you're talking about.

Thanks.

I don't know much (or anything for that matter). I have a random question of whether or not it's possible to connect a 12" sub to my Pioneer DMH-1500nex and get a decent amount of bass out of it? I'm basically just looking for something to take the stress of the bass off the 6x9 speakers that are installed so they don't get blown. I'm guessing in any case an amp is required but thought I'd ask all you that know what you're talking about.

Thanks.
That hu wouldn't put out enough power to do anything with a sub...depending on the sub you can a decent amp to push a 12 starting at about $100 or so

Thanks, i figured as much. It's nothing special it's an old 12" sony xplod. I was inquiring as a short term solution. In the near future I plan to buy either a kicker hideaway 8" or 10" not sure which one I'll go with yet.

Thanks, i figured as much. It's nothing special it's an old 12" sony xplod. I was inquiring as a short term solution. In the near future I plan to buy either a kicker hideaway 8" or 10" not sure which one I'll go with yet.
In Jr. High we connected two Pyramid 15s in a friend's Astro van and it was powered by the OEM AC Delco radio. I think the box was around 4 cubic feet. It was not loud but it sure hit the lows quite well.

Thanks.
Based on the instruction sheet for your HU, it is set up to provide a signal for an external amplifier to power a subwoofer. Suggest that you turn down the volume for the 6x9s until you can get a amplifier.

1*8rkAa87qQHnmt2RowBCYuA.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...