No Output from Helix DSP Amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

sageRJ

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
I officially feel dumb and truthfully, am getting frustrated for the first time. I see why some of you do this for a living now. I was using a DD-1 to determine the HUs max volume at different sources; Bluetooth, Radio, AUX, CarPlay. At first it would not give a reading but eventually realized I needed to get up to at least 30/40 on the Pioneer DMH-WT8600NEX before the DD-1 would detect the signal. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

Then I moved onto the Helix M Four DSP. Since my HU puts out 4V to the preouts, I set the DSP Input Gain at 5V to insure no input clipping before the ADC. The DD-1 was giving no reading at the speaker outputs. I started up the DSP PC-Tool software and performed an Input Signal Analyzer (ISA.) Nothing. After slamming my head against the wall for a while thinking about it, I thought back to the Input Gain setting done in the software. To get the 5-20V choices you must change the Input Selection to "High Level." (see attached photo DCM SM) I changed the selection back to "RCA" and 4V, which is the highest choice within RCA. Boom. The ISA is now seeing a full range signal on all four input channels (Front L/R, Subwoofer L/R.) Move back to the speaker outputs on the DSP and still nothing detected by the DD-1. Try playing some music and still no sound.

I don't believe it's the speaker outputs specifically. I have a set of RCAs coming from the M4 DSP line output to the Helix M One mono amplifier. I disconnected the RCAs from the M1 and went directly into the DD-1. It doesn't detect a signal there either. So the M4 DSP doesn't seem to be outputting from anywhere.

I've read the manual multiple times but still, I must be forgetting something. Any suggestions to try would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• DCM EF.jpg
    DCM EF.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DCM SM.jpg
    DCM SM.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Helix 2.jpg
    Helix 2.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Helix.jpg
    Helix.jpg