What setup should I get?

Participant count
  • Participant list

speed2023

CarAudio.com Newbie
Idaho
This is my first post on here and I’m not necessarily good at car audio or anything. But I was wondering what could be a good setup for my car. I have a 2003 Acura TL not type s and no navigation system. Currently I just have the stock Bose speakers which sound pretty good but the subwoofer is lacking. I wanted to replace the stock stereo and replace it along with getting a new subwoofer. I have been doing research and have been looking on crutchfield but still am unsure what to get and was hoping to get some help on here. Any ideas would be great I’m willing to spend around $500 or less if possible. Again I am a noob when it comes to audio so sorry if I said anything wrong. Thanks

Not trying to be a dick but that is a super low budget if you are trying to replace headunit, speakers, and subwoofer. Not going to happen.

$500 would get a decent headunit and all the wiring harness to convert to an aftermarket headunit.

$500 might get you a single 8" sub, 500 watt amp, a pre-fab box if you can't build one and a $100 single din headunit. You would have to keep your stock speakers and power them with your new head unit.

Not trying to be a dick but that is a super low budget if you are trying to replace headunit, speakers, and subwoofer. Not going to happen.

$500 would get a decent headunit and all the wiring harness to convert to an aftermarket headunit.
No you’re good man I have no idea what I’m talking about. How much more would it be I’m not looking for audiophile level

Right around $1000 for decent headunit, door speakers, 4 channel amp, subwoofer, sub amp, box, and wiring.
Ok, what about without door speakers. And do I really need the 4 channel amp I was planning on the sub amp and the stereo and the sub itself then plug the stock door speakers into the stereo

Ahhhh okay. Headunits are pretty hard to get right now. Everything is out of stock. Depending on what all your looking for in a headunit. Do you want a touch screen? Apple Carplay/Android Auto?
Sorry just saw this no, as long as I have Bluetooth I’m happy. I wouldn’t hate CarPlay but it’s probably out of my budget

Sorry just saw this no, as long as I have Bluetooth I’m happy. I wouldn’t hate CarPlay but it’s probably out of my budget

$445

Screenshot_20210810-190416_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210810-190916_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210810-191417_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210810-192209_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thanks man I will look into this. Do I need any separate wiring or anything along with this?

You will have to buy a small amp kit and get your headunit installed. All good name brand equipment though. A custom made box would probably sound better, but you would have to spend more money. It should sound pretty decent though.

Sorry for the late response i think I figured out what i want. Let me know what you think I was working on this all day

Attachments

• Crutchfield Cart.pdf
    966.2 KB · Views: 38
Sorry for the late response i think I figured out what i want. Let me know what you think I was working on this all day

I would tell you no. My cheaper system has a lot better equipment and will sound a lot better. You could always look at the Sundown E 12 and a 12" pre-fab box by Atrends (ported) for a little more money. Just make sure the sub is a D4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...