No Bass *****

Doconpoint1
10+ year member

D.O.C
IL
Well, i'm at school the week before classes start, and music is one of the few things to do really. And the other day my amp cut out, and i thought it was just a voltage drop cuz i had been riding a while, it comes back on the next day and plays fine for a while then cuts again. Had a friend check it out today, and it's getting power, my fuse is good, all the wiring and grounds are good. So yeah, i blew it. It was a Kicker KX1200.1 that i bought used. I don't know if it was me or a build up from previous use, because when i received it the gain and bass boost were cranked on it. I had it set with gains a lil under half way, and had bass boost on zero. Who knows. Now i'm looking at how to get money for a new amp, just thought i'd share my tale.

Well i'm at school now at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb. The guy that checked out my amp goes to school here to, he installs at CC and said he gets pretty good discounts from Kicker and would check out if he can get me something for pretty cheap relative to price. And yeah, i'm just riding the vibes now, i just keep the music off lol.

Don't drive your vehicle too long without music... You'll start to hear the rattles / noises / squeaks that the radio is meant to cover up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Don't drive your vehicle too long without music... You'll start to hear the rattles / noises / squeaks that the radio is meant to cover up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
very true

haha yeah, and riding the vibes forces unnecessary conversation lol. Well i'm thinking about saving up here and there, and grabbing a AQ1200D. It throws about the same power as the KX i believe, and it'll be brand new at a decent price.

i would have to agree i have been without bass for about 2 months now but the ups man will be paying many times once tomorrow 3 times next week and the fed-ex man should be visiting once next week also .. then i will have temporary bass ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.