nkrell11's Free Enclosure Designs & Cut Sheet To Whoever Wants One

If you could get me dimensions of what you currently have so I don't draw you the same thing again I can help you out or also I need some maximum dimensions of your hatch area. I can try to draw something up that is in the middle volume wise so that you could always increase power down the road I feel like the pioneer should have been louder than the skaar especially since you are now in a hatchback which are generally easier to get louder.

What type of vehicle is this going in I feel like it's going to be a trunk but 24 seems really tall for a trunk lmk so I can figure out the firing direction of the port and subs.

Sorry man I really don't have the skills yet and a poor design can really mess up your woofers.

What size juggs are these and I'm assuming they are mmats just double checking. I'll look at the link and see what I can draw up for you or if I can't figure it out I will ask you for dimensions I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to keep it behind the third row but we will see.

I will try and get these all out tomorrow thanks for your patience and your interests in this thread.
yeah I hear ya, all good man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Thanks for this service, here is my requet.

Car:2013 hyundai elantra

Subwoofer: 1 Kove Armageddon Z-12 motor with american bass hd basket/recone

Tune:33hz/ 2.5cf slot port

Can't be taller than 16.5 inches.

Oops can't believe I forgot that. They are 15s and not behind 3rd row. Therws little to space there. I meant behind 2 nd row. 3rd row and the rest of the trunk for box
Alright unfortunately your link didn't provide me with any helpful dimensions so if you could bust out a tape measure and get me some dimensions that would be awesome. Thinking sub up port back around 8 cubes or so.

I just built a box for my tiburon 35.5w/15.5h/22d and I'm going to have to go through this weekend and round edges and sand down a corner of the double baffle to get it to fit and the rear seats to latch shut. So he will probablly have to do the same.
If you could design one to my current dimensions for an AQ HDC315 on 2200 watts. Sub up/ Slot Port up or forward (whichever you think would sound louder)

I listen to alot of Decaf so tuning lower than my current 35 wouldn't hurt.

My box is 4.0 cuft, heard thats what these like with ~16sqin per cuft of port

Also idk if double baffle flush mount or bracing would be better or if it makes a difference.

I can cut 45's, the one in the pic is 2.75" the point of the port to the 45 is 3.25"

Heres a pic:

aqboxwithdim2_zpsce1d8e1c.png Photo by Tmartin1475 | Photobucket

After messing around on sketchup i think i made my port close to 26.5" long with that 45 messing up my tuning. Is it possible to just cut another 20.5"w piece ~10.5 inches long and butt it up to the existing port to lower my tuning or should I just worry about it when I build the box for the 2200 watt amp? (this is for my overrated 1k amp)

(final edit) ofc i cant stretch port cause i would lose box volume
I think that sub up port forwards or rearwards would probably be louder than loading it all off of the roof. I have something in the works atm so I'll get it drawn up port area is closer to 15 but it meets the volume and under 35Hz tuning constraints.

Thanks for this service, here is my requet.Car:2013 hyundai elantra

Subwoofer: 1 Kove Armageddon Z-12 motor with american bass hd basket/recone

Tune:33hz/ 2.5cf slot port

Can't be taller than 16.5 inches.
Max width and depth I mean I could guess and it would still fit in the trunk but I'd like a little more info. Also double checking that this is in fact a 12 inch woofer what are you going to power it with?

@Reactions @raptor727 @Shroomic your enclosure designs are drawn up this probably isn't how you tag people but if not hopefully someone can explain how to do it to me I would appreciate it. As for the rest of you I'm still awaiting some dimensions or other details. If you want the port on the other side then that's up to you I just draw them on the same side for convenience it doesn't too much imagination to flip it. If you have any other questions or want a cutsheet just ask.

Box for Kove/AB Hyprid 12 2.55ft^3 net 33Hz 14.8in^2/ft port.

Box for 03 RE XXX 15 3.6ft^3 32Hz 14.5in^2/ft port. Although you can't tell it has a double front baffle this is why the volume is slightly lower but since you are putting more power to it than RMS I figured this would help also the port area is in the middle so it shouldn't unload fast below tuning.

Box for AQ HDC3 15 4ft^3 33Hz 14.91in^2/ft of port.

Last edited by a moderator:
For my Skar VVX-10D2 I built the recommended ported box that measures 19x15.5x13. Its 1.44 cu.ft. tuned to 33hz. The space that I have available in the hatch of my 2012 Scion XB is 16x16x20. This will take up roughly 1/2 the cargo area in the hatch. Lookin to get a bit more oomph out of this Skar vvx-10. Perhaps later on I'll sell the Kenwood KAC-7205 and go with a Hifonics ZRX1200.1D which on sale for $159.

Again, I'd appreciate any design input you could provide. THANKS!!!

Glad I could help inspire this thread! Just bought the wood and had it cut yesterday, hopefully starting construction today.

PS: I'm the guy he helped out with the strato 15 box; this guy's the bomb!

I just built a box for my tiburon 35.5w/15.5h/22d and I'm going to have to go through this weekend and round edges and sand down a corner of the double baffle to get it to fit and the rear seats to latch shut. So he will probablly have to do the same.
If you could design one to my current dimensions for an AQ HDC315 on 2200 watts. Sub up/ Slot Port up or forward (whichever you think would sound louder)

I listen to alot of Decaf so tuning lower than my current 35 wouldn't hurt.

My box is 4.0 cuft, heard thats what these like with ~16sqin per cuft of port

Also idk if double baffle flush mount or bracing would be better or if it makes a difference.

I can cut 45's, the one in the pic is 2.75" the point of the port to the 45 is 3.25"

Heres a pic:

aqboxwithdim2_zpsce1d8e1c.png Photo by Tmartin1475 | Photobucket

After messing around on sketchup i think i made my port close to 26.5" long with that 45 messing up my tuning. Is it possible to just cut another 20.5"w piece ~10.5 inches long and butt it up to the existing port to lower my tuning or should I just worry about it when I build the box for the 2200 watt amp? (this is for my overrated 1k amp)

(final edit) ofc i cant stretch port cause i would lose box volume
What year and model tib do you have and what are your trunk dimensions?

Sundown x-12 powered by saz-1500v3. (Sub cutout is 11.09" and about 10" deep maybe)

Max dims: 32w 15.5h 15d tuned between 28-32hrz

Sub n slot port back with double baffle ( 1" sub mount thickness, 1/2" flush mount thickness)

Also would like symmetry so either one port on each side or a single port running along the top or bottom

If you could do that it would be awesome and thanks in advance

Thanks For Doing This. Nice To Help Out People. Good Karma Is On Your Way. One Word Of Advise Be CARFULL Using Your Cell Phone As Wifi, If its Not On Your Cell Phone Plan Its So Easy To Go over your Data Limit. I Personally Went 100 Bucks Over And MyOld Girlfriend had 500.00$ of Overcharges In One Month Using Her Phones Wi Fi To Surf The Web. Just Be Carful Lol That **** ***** When It Happens.
No worries I haz unlimited data.

4 sundown sa 12s, saz 3500, max dims are 48 wide, 17 tall, and 37 deep. I want it to be very musical, and play very flat, while still destroying the lows. GO! lol
So basically sq tuned low? What is this going in I'm guessing SUV but the height makes me think it could be an enormous trunk.

You think I can get the cut sheet for mine, thanks!
Yeah I will upload it and put it under your enclosure design to keep this thread organized unfortunately I don't remember the size or your 45's they were either 4.375 wide or 4.375 wide iirc.

02 exploder2 crossfire xsv2 15s

Slot port on bottom

Subs up flush mount

33-35hz tuning

Looking for alot of port

43wx24hx24d
Alot as in more than 16in^2/ft or is 16 good?

Sundown x-12 powered by saz-1500v3. (Sub cutout is 11.09" and about 10" deep maybe)Max dims: 32w 15.5h 15d tuned between 28-32hrz

Sub n slot port back with double baffle ( 1" sub mount thickness, 1/2" flush mount thickness)

Also would like symmetry so either one port on each side or a single port running along the top or bottom

If you could do that it would be awesome and thanks in advance
Alright I should be able to handle that probably do a port on each side because the port ration on the top or bottom would be too small.

Thanks man it will be going in a 1995 ford aspire hatchback lol sub up port back
I should have known it was a hatch nbd let me re-draw you one probably the same dimensions just a different configuration.

I'll try and get these done as fast as I can I didn't expect so many requests but thanks it keeps me thinking. I will ad that I probably won't do these on the weekends since I need drinking time but we will see. If your design isn't done yet please check back as I am trying to do them properly so I'm not rushing I want people to be happy so please be patient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...