Next step but need advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kai Winters
10+ year member

plain ol' me
Hi all,

I'm thinking about replacing the PAC-SNI15 basic line output converter with the JL Audio FiX82 converter to better fine tune and get the most out of my system.

System: 2017 Honda CRV EX with factory head unit, PAC converter, JL Audio XD400/4v2 4 channel amp...front channels to front speakers, rear channels bridged to the sub..., front speakers JL Audio C5-650 components, sub JL Audio10W1v3 10" in a ported box.

I'm very happy with the sound and power but I'd like more tuning capabilities.

What benefits will I get by installing the LC7i...replacing the PAC SNI15...?

Thanks

I've read a lot of info by using the "search" and find that not many like using any sort of LOC...I get it but I'm not going to change my head unit...actually can't...well can but it would be brutal and very expensive not to mention losing so much control as well as probably the warranty. I miss the control/tuning abilities of after market hu's but really do like this head unit quite a bit, just no the basic audio controls and of course a basic LOC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, I’m going to chime in because it doesn’t look like anyone else has... neither of those devices will give you any “tuning” capabilities, they will basically improve your chances of getting a little better quality, full range signal, and possibly restore some bass loss, over the device you’re using now...

If you are relatively happy with the signal you’re getting with the device you’re using now, but want to be able to have a graphic eq and some other handy features, for less than the JL, and not much more than the audio control L7, you can get a Rockford Fosgate DSR1... you can read up on the 2 devices you mentioned, and then read about the DSR and understand what you need to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey man, I’m going to chime in because it doesn’t look like anyone else has... neither of those devices will give you any “tuning” capabilities, they will basically improve your chances over getting a little better quality full range signal, and possibly restore some bass loss, over the device you’re using now...
If you are relatively happy with the signal you’re getting with the device you’re using now, but want to be able to have a graphic eq and some other handy features, for less than the JL, and not much more than the audio control L7, you can get a Rockford Fosgate DSR1... you can read up on the 2 devices you mentioned, and then read about the DSR and understand what you need to.

This.....as far as I know, it's the next hottest thing on the market right now. Good luck finding it tho... I'm waiting for others to follow.

This.....as far as I know, it's the next hottest thing on the market right now. Good luck finding it tho... I'm waiting for others to follow.
They’re back in stock, as well as vehicle specific wiring harnesses at Crutchfield... Jscaudio (I don’t know how to tag people) had one, and basically says it does what it claims, but not as well as his JL twk, but I’m sure that is to be expected for the price...

What sold it for me is:

It’s blue tooth and you can use your iPad/tablet instead of PC after initial flashing and...

it’s plug and play and communicates all of your factory amps duties (safety chimes, changing to only center channel for phone calls etc...)

I unfortunately found out after I received mine, that the firmware for my vehicle is still being worked on for release, so I basically am in the situation with the OP, where I have to convert my signal to RCAs.

According to Jeffdachef, the tuning capabilities (eq/crossovers/time alignment and a few other tweak abilities) are up to par with most other DSP that cost a lot more.

Thanks for all the input.

I've learned that the tuning/eq that seemed to be a part of the fix system is actually an additional system...the Tun system...I must have missed it on the JL site but I thought there was a tuning via software/laptop but only with the tun system which would double the hardware cost.

I really like the sound in my V but was hoping to improve it with the addition of a device such as those mentioned.

I'll do more research.

Zapco makes 3 or 4 (or more) different models of DSP, some with quite nice features, although you don't get the Bluetooth connectivity of the RF. Most of their DSPs have really nice features, for example the 4 series has a 31 band EQ on each channel.

The one I like for this application is the DSP-Z8. Speaker level inputs with channel summing, balanced RCA inputs, 10 band parametric EQ on each channel, voltage sensitive EQ, adjustable time delay. Software controlled by computer.

Not sure how the price stacks up, but if you can't get your signal sorted with that one I don't know what will.

I’m still confused on somethings probably considered fundamental...

I looked at the device you left a link to, and I know it States OEM speaker level inputs... that confuses the **** out of me, because the device only has RCA inputs and RCA out puts, so how the hell is that “speaker level”...

I know I’m missing something and just need some clarity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.