Next Best Thing

I ran an Xfl for a while and I thought it was a great sub for the money. They do well at 1k and can handle around 1800 watts. So I wouldn't rule those out by any means.

Had an HDC3 18 for a while. Got loud as hell and took my 2200 @ .5 like a champ. You hear a lot of stories about how those hdc3/4 subs have problems with spiders ripping and all that but honestly I've seen AQ subs go bad just as often as any other sub...they don't really stand out as being poor quality. I think it's more a problem of people putting those subs in boxes they don't belong in, throwing 2000w to them and then getting upset when they rip a spider from constant over excursion.

Had an HDC3 18 for a while. Got loud as hell and took my 2200 @ .5 like a champ. You hear a lot of stories about how those hdc3/4 subs have problems with spiders ripping and all that but honestly I've seen AQ subs go bad just as often as any other sub...they don't really stand out as being poor quality. I think it's more a problem of people putting those subs in boxes they don't belong in, throwing 2000w to them and then getting upset when they rip a spider from constant over excursion.
Thts goes rite along with my theory of User Error....I'm coming back around to SQue, especially since I need moving money....

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.