Next Best Thing

MakkMar10

Bangin on a Budget
SoCal
So I'm reading horror stories about SQue, I'm sure there is user error an all but Nah!....Anyway I'm shopping for the next best thing, I feel Crescendo or AmerBass. I'm leaning toward AmerBass because Crescendo dosent make subs, but I kno ther amps are a lil cheaper. Any other companies I shud look into? I want ~2000w mono and strong 4 channel 150w+ and 2 15's. Il have $13-1500 next week....

I love my aq hdc3. Hope this helps lol
Most stories I read are about the HDSs....if I wait or sacrifice I'll get the HDCs, but then I'd want to feed them 2000w each. I got'a crawl Bro, this is my first DIY system....

you dont have to feed them that much. im feeding a hdc3 15" with 1800 rms. now 2k to one would be great and thats what im thinking of doing. selling my amp and getting 2 amps that will give each sub about 2200 rms .

**** i may not have a truck if i do that lol lol...

its already falling apart from 1 15" at 1800 rms lol..

you dont have to feed them that much. im feeding a hdc3 15" with 1800 rms. now 2k to one would be great and thats what im thinking of doing. selling my amp and getting 2 amps that will give each sub about 2200 rms .
**** i may not have a truck if i do that lol lol...

its already falling apart from 1 15" at 1800 rms lol..
Thts 1800w on 1 15, which I bet is awsome....but I want 2 15s an I think 1k on each HDC is disrespectful hahaha. I think I'll be fine wit 2 XFLs....for now

So I'm reading horror stories about SQue, I'm sure there is user error an all but Nah!....Anyway I'm shopping for the next best thing, I feel Crescendo or AmerBass. I'm leaning toward AmerBass because Crescendo dosent make subs, but I kno ther amps are a lil cheaper. Any other companies I shud look into? I want ~2000w mono and strong 4 channel 150w+ and 2 15's. Il have $13-1500 next week....
What exactly are these horror stories? I know a couple people that swear by them, and they love their customer service

What exactly are these horror stories? I know a couple people that swear by them, and they love their customer service
Iv read about the HDSs coming unglued, or the VC springing or wat ever, an problems with the components. Iv also read they don't honor there warranties, but I don't know specifics. They may have just been trolling too but I guess I jus want a lil more quality anyway. Plus there revamping their 4chan, I think their reducing the out put. I'm sure they're great company, Iv definitely read a lot more gud then bad. I'm just looking for a lil more I guess....I like tht Crescendo an AmerBass have >150w 4 channel amps.

sounds more like you don't know what you want.

Copper coil HDC3's will do fine on a 2200, yes they can take more power but that doesn't mean they need it.

I built a box for 2 HDS12's about a month ago, off a 2200. Kid has had no issues and is very happy with it.

I've owned pretty much every amp and sub that AQ/SQ makes. My v1 3500's are 6+ years old and still going strong.

If you look hard enough you will find issues with any company out there.

I just did a build with 6 15" HDC4's and ran 18" HDC4's for 3 years before that. Never had an issue and I beat the **** out of my stuff and run WAY over RMS on them.

sounds more like you don't know what you want.
Copper coil HDC3's will do fine on a 2200, yes they can take more power but that doesn't mean they need it.

I built a box for 2 HDS12's about a month ago, off a 2200. Kid has had no issues and is very happy with it.

I've owned pretty much every amp and sub that AQ/SQ makes. My v1 3500's are 6+ years old and still going strong.

If you look hard enough you will find issues with any company out there.

I just did a build with 6 15" HDC4's and ran 18" HDC4's for 3 years before that. Never had an issue and I beat the **** out of my stuff and run WAY over RMS on them.
Yea I'm still undecided....I get paid on the 20th, an once the money's in hand then I can make a real choice. But as of now, after lots of rough calculations. I want Crescendo amps, bc2000 and c1100.4 along with 2 HDC3 15. Then add another bc2k after I get an alt an 1 or 2 more batts. Like I said Iv read a whole lot more Good than Bad about SQue. I was just nervous since this readings wher recent, also user error cud have been a huge part of it. Anyway t-minus 5 days an counting....The Decision

The best advice I give to people who are unsure of what to purchase, is go to a show. Car audio clubs and tons of different products to test out and almost everyone will give a demo. Very rarely in my ife have I ever spent over $1,000 and I have nt experienced the product first. Most of the times I bought without product experience, I regret the purchase.

Iasca is having a show on the 23rd.

Saturday, August 23, 2014 Audio Innovations SPE [sQC | IQC | Bass Boxing | IDBL]

Usaci is having a show on September 28, 2014 in Bakersfield, Ca.

Meca In Torrance, Ca on August 23rd

Meca in Selma on September 13, 2014

These are just a few of the shows available in your state in the next coupe weeks. Just remember, you never have to compete if you don't want to, but there are a lot of good people who love this sport, and it'd be a shame if you didn't take a chance to meet them, and demo some products in the meantime.

The best advice I give to people who are unsure of what to purchase, is go to a show. Car audio clubs and tons of different products to test out and almost everyone will give a demo. Very rarely in my ife have I ever spent over $1,000 and I have nt experienced the product first. Most of the times I bought without product experience, I regret the purchase.
Iasca is having a show on the 23rd.

Saturday, August 23, 2014 Audio Innovations SPE [sQC | IQC | Bass Boxing | IDBL]

Usaci is having a show on September 28, 2014 in Bakersfield, Ca.

Meca In Torrance, Ca on August 23rd

Meca in Selma on September 13, 2014

These are just a few of the shows available in your state in the next coupe weeks. Just remember, you never have to compete if you don't want to, but there are a lot of good people who love this sport, and it'd be a shame if you didn't take a chance to meet them, and demo some products in the meantime.
I'm coming from a complete Boss an Kicker system, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed with watever I end up with. But I do hear u 100%....

Yea I'm still undecided....I get paid on the 20th, an once the money's in hand then I can make a real choice. But as of now, after lots of rough calculations. I want Crescendo amps, bc2000 and c1100.4 along with 2 HDC3 15. Then add another bc2k after I get an alt an 1 or 2 more batts. Like I said Iv read a whole lot more Good than Bad about SQue. I was just nervous since this readings wher recent, also user error cud have been a huge part of it. Anyway t-minus 5 days an counting....The Decision
That will be a very nice setup and a HUGE improvement from what you've had before.

Nendo amps are solid. I have 6 5500's, 2 1600.2's, 1 c1100.4 and a dozen 1000c4's...

Be sure to give some updates once you have it all up and running.

My hdc3's take my sq 3500 very well. I know its not a constants sine wave but my amp is set with dd1. The 3500 is rated for 4300 rms.
2 HDC3 15's on a q3500 is my ultimate goal, but I only have 2 Diehard Platinum 65's (Front and Back) an my stock 130a alt rite now. I'd want a 240-50a alt an another DH Plat before I get a big boy amp. As for now it looks lik I'll jus be running HDS315, Q120-4, and Q1-2200. Looking forward to the upgrade at tax time tho....

That will be a very nice setup and a HUGE improvement from what you've had before.
Nendo amps are solid. I have 6 5500's, 2 1600.2's, 1 c1100.4 and a dozen 1000c4's...

Be sure to give some updates once you have it all up and running.
I like tht "Nendo"....Anyway their not in stock rite now, so it's looking lik a Q1-2200 an Q4-120. Plus I want to mount on the back of my 2nd row seats, which are 22", an so are the Nendo amps an I'm afraid they my not fit. No room or desire for an amp rack either. I'm going to try an find a local who can really take a look at wat Iv got to work with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.