Newbie Questions yes one more

killintime
10+ year member

houston
Alright so im gonna do a system in my crewcab 2006 gmc 2500. I want good SQ without a bunch of $$$ if thats possible. I was thinking about going with JLzr800

8" in the front doors and PG RSD 65cs in the kick panels and another set of PG RSD 65cs in the rear doors. Would this be a good budget SQ mids / highs? Please recommend something else if its better and not much more $$$ also what about one 4 channel amp for all of it HIFONIXS ZXI 8408 running 2 pairs of the PG RSD at 2ohm on 2 channels and the JL ZR800s on the other 2 channels? I will post questions about the bass side of things in the subwoofer section. Thanks in advance and please give me your thoughts.

8's in the doors with rsds... meh

i never heard the rsds, im sure they're good for the money, but if you can already fit an 8 in the door, spend a little more on your comps, and your setup will sound great.

8's and teh doors with rsds... mehi never heard the rsds, im sure they're good for the money, but if you can already fit an 8 in the door, spend a little more on your comps, and your setup will sound great.
I actually disagree.

Subs in your door is tight work, but, unless you have HARDCORE mid-range, the set-up is worthless. I personally prefer a 3-way system in the door, and then subs in either the trunk, or, in the center console.

I want to do a build with 8"s under the console. Like, under the HU and in the center console. My car is just too small to do it in.

I actually disagree.Subs in your door is tight work, but, unless you have HARDCORE mid-range, the set-up is worthless. I personally prefer a 3-way system in the door, and then subs in either the trunk, or, in the center console.

I want to do a build with 8"s under the console. Like, under the HU and in the center console. My car is just too small to do it in.
i think its a matter of personal taste really.. i run a three way and i have my midbass in the doors (i wanna put an 8-10 so bad - this summer it will happen) midranges in the kicks and tweets i cant really explain, but its in betwen the kicks and the dashboard.. and found this to be my favorite setup by far.. and i tried my mids/tweets everywhere

having the midranges on the passenger side door sounds fine, but i dont like how off axis the mids can become on th driver side if they're in the door, and they feel like they're playing 'across' you, but then again this is car dependant also

i think its a matter of personal taste really.. i run a three way and i have my midbass in the doors (i wanna put an 8-10 so bad - this summer it will happen) midranges in the kicks and tweets i cant really explain, but its in betwen the kicks and the dashboard.. and found this to be my favorite setup by far.. and i tried my mids/tweets everywhere
having the midranges on the passenger side door sounds fine, but i dont like how off axis the mids can become on th driver side if they're in the door, and they feel like they're playing 'across' you, but then again this is car dependant also
Definitely. I agree.

I need to get some money so I can really try to get good imaging.

But, the coolest set-up I've seen with a door build was a fully fiberglass door panel and it was ported so it shoots by the B pillar. It was dopee.

I thought PG RSD were very good for the money? I want to stay under $600 for midbass/ mids highs speaker wise. I just have never heard a 6.5 that really had good midbass and i thought that 2 8" with a 6.5 comps would give all the mids and highs you need please guide me in another direction if im wrong???

Heres the problem: Everybody has different tastes. I love the speakers that I have, but there are people who say the d971's I have ****, and they would rather die than own a set. You MUST go to some audio shops or friend's cars, with some of your own music in hand and listen to some speakers. If you buy a pair of speakers based on somebody else's opinion alone, you will be highly disappointed. Where we can help you the most is on install methods, locations, and things of that nature, but speaker selection needs to be done by YOUR ear, not somebody else's.

before yu buy anything i recommend you look into the db drive platinum series, installed em into my f150, way better than anything ive heard out there

I thought PG RSD were very good for the money? I want to stay under $600 for midbass/ mids highs speaker wise. I just have never heard a 6.5 that really had good midbass and i thought that 2 8" with a 6.5 comps would give all the mids and highs you need please guide me in another direction if im wrong???
try some image dynamics xs components then since your willing to spend the cash. they sound pretty darn good imo

If you are going for a three way setup then I would go with an 8" sub in the kicks and the comps or your choice in the doors. If you are going to run subs and are looking for good midbass then go with some Hertz MLKs or ID's or something good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.