New Vehicle

Participant count
  • Participants list

AnthonyO
10+ year member

Budget Banger Connoisseur
So I just bought this 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro V6 Auto Double Cab

And have been thinking about sound. Focal makes a direct plug and play components for the front. And plug and play coaxials for the rear. They are rated at 75w rms. So I have been thinking about the Kicker Key 200.4 amplifier. Has anyone installed one of these yet?

51 views and no one has any experience with the Kicker Key amplifiers? I guess I can't say anything, h*ll I've been doing car audio for 36 years and I haven't messed with them either....lol

Nah everyone just argues in the Thunderdome these days. 💩

I have zero experience with the kicker key but nice truck! (y)

51 views and no one has any experience with the Kicker Key amplifiers? I guess I can't say anything, h*ll I've been doing car audio for 36 years and I haven't messed with them either....lol
The issue on an online forum is you're dealing with a DIY crowd who is either buying whichever brand sells the cheapest cookie cutter Chinese catalog stuff or people who will be buying boutique brands that are priced at a buck a watt. Kicker is one of those in-betweens where you do have some unique stuff, real R&D, and price tag which allows distributors and B&M stores to make a buck, but no product that really stands out from the pack. Don't get me wrong, I've run Kicker and would do so again if I found a good deal on something used or whatever, but it's nothing I'd pay MSRP for.

For what its worth though, Kicker is certainly going to perform as advertised, so if they claim it does something it should do it and have good build quality and reliable warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...