New tweets suggestions plz

Participant count
  • Participant list
Anyone have those Vifa D26NC05 tweets? Seems pretty good for $20 each, but haven't found much on them.

Its hard to recommend a tweet to someone without any information on install or personal preferences. What kind of tweeter is being replaced? whats the xover point in the cdt set? what kind of placement/firing direction? With that said though, ive never used those vifas but i know they are pretty popular, and that was at the original price of 30 each. I would expect them to easily exceed the cdt tweeter you had.

I have an expedition and run CDT-61t/titanium tweeter. Mids are in the doors and the tweets are in the sail panel (for now). I'm not sure about xover point. The xover has outs for mids, tweets, and imaging tweets. Lost the manual and I'm looking for it right now. I'll post whatever info I find...

The CDT mids are 4ohm and shouldnt the cdt tweets be 4ohm too? These VIFAs are 6ohm. Will that be a problem? How much less will it put out?

I listen to everything, but mainly old rock (rush metallica etc) and older rap. I also grew up listening to KROQ in LA. So some Depeche mode, New order, chilli peppers, sublime, U2...

What cdt xover do you have?

you can call cdt & they will give you the info you are looking for.

with the 480 & the 560 passive sets, I have used vifa 6ohms tweeters & 8ohm mids.

yes it does change the xover pionts

i think the 480 is 4.2k

& the 560 is 3.2k

That Vifa tweeter should be work just find

Had to go dig in the panels of my truck and the xovers are SatNet 456 60db "phase perfect" 2-way with imaging tweeter out.

Searching for specs online...

They said that my set matches this one, but that xover is different from the pics.

CL 61 CV

I found this info online and it seems right, but still no exact points.

High definition 2-way Crossover

Tweeter Protection

Adjustable Tweeter Settings: flat + 3dB and - 3dB

Elliptic Topology 4th Order Crossover

Image Enhancement Tweeter Output

Elliptic "Phase Perfect" 4th order 2-way xover

I know it's an old set, but weird that that I can't find exact info. The cdt tweets may be vifas but not sure which ones. Learning everything, but what I want know. In the meantime I'll just wait for a sale or grab those vifas for $40.

Titanium or any metal tweets honestly sound harsh to the ear a silk tweet will sound smooth and blend alot better look into a set of lanzar opti silk dome tweets or I may be willing to get rid of a set of dd T2 tweets haven't go to play them yet just used them for mock up so far.

Yeah thats pretty clear from that far away. How much power are you running to them and how much do they cost. I read that these alloy tweets (neos etc) arent as harsh as the ones I got. I could go silk etc. I figure any decent 1" will be an improvement over the 3/4" ones I currently run.

CDT rep said it's xover at 4200Hz. There's an adjustment on x-over but I just plan to set it all on the HU at this point.

Would it be ok to use those cdt 3/4" titaniums for imaging since there's an out for that?? Not sure how that works... blending different tweets and stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.