New trunk install questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

mr Tibbs
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Utah
Well, it's almost that time of year again and I'm getting the system redo itch. Right now my trunk looks like this:

2353537_2_full.jpg

I know, I know, it looks like ass. This was my first set up in this car, and now you can see why I want to redo it. It actually does sound pretty good, bit I want a little more thump in the trunk. That is why I'm upgrading to a x1200.1. But enough about my lack of skills for now, I'm thinking about doing something along the lines of this (thanks tsonka):

Amp.jpg

Now, what I'm wondering is how would I port my sub is a setup like this? I'm thinking about a box size of 2 cuft tuned to let's say around 28 hrz. I'm going for SQL (isn't everyone :lol: ). So, has anyone done this before? Any tips? Thoughts?

Actually that sub is gone. I now have a custom sub using a TC9 motor. I sold the SE about a year or so ago.

looks like a 12" SE to me

edit: guess you arent using that anymore then lol.

to port it and have it flat looking still, you will probably have to fiberglass down into the spare tire well and build your port inside of there.

looks like a 12" SE to me
edit: guess you arent using that anymore then lol.

to port it and have it flat looking still, you will probably have to fiberglass down into the spare tire well and build your port inside of there.
I was kinda planning on that. Have you done this before? Any ideas on how difficult it is? Someone else suggested that I use PVC pipe to make the port, does that sound like it would work?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Anyone?? What I really need help with is figuring out the port. If I go with a round port what diameter would be best and how long? Any info would be great. BTW 2.0 cubes tuned to about 28-30 for SQL.

id fiberglass the spare tire well, take it out cut some mdf for the top fiberglass it more, cut the sub hole out and use aero ports 4" are pretty cheap

id fiberglass the spare tire well, take it out cut some mdf for the top fiberglass it more, cut the sub hole out and use aero ports 4" are pretty cheap
That's kinda the general plan. I just need some help figuring out how long to make the ports as well as the final size of the box. Sub displacement is right close to .16cuft, and I need to figure in the ports. Any help would be greatly appreciated!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

good thing with aeros or pvc you can cut it down to get desired frequency, just build it and mess with the ports till they sound good to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Or you could do the rice thing, after all is built throw bags of rice or foam peanuts in it put it into a box that you know the cub ft and find out how much internal airspace you have than subtract the sub displacement and use a port calculator to figure out how long to make the ports

good thing with aeros or pvc you can cut it down to get desired frequency, just build it and mess with the ports till they sound good to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Or you could do the rice thing, after all is built throw bags of rice or foam peanuts in it put it into a box that you know the cub ft and find out how much internal airspace you have than subtract the sub displacement and use a port calculator to figure out how long to make the ports
Actually, if someone will help me figure out the port length and displacement then I can add that to the 2 cuft and the sub displacement to give me the total size of the box. After that I can glass up the bottom of the box and use the peanut theory to figure out the exact dimensions for the box.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

dont u need to do the glassing first? then measure?
I'll fiberglass the bottom, then do the measuring.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyone? If not I'm just gonna say screw it and go sealed.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.