New truck, new setup, opinions and info needed amps, speakers etc

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fosgate Forever
10+ year member

USSD
Just listed my MRV-F345 and MRD-M1005 for sale and am looking to change up the stereo setup this time around. My (semi)main concern is SQL. The alpine amps were GREAT when it came to sound, but lacked the "make you bleed from your brain" volume I crave when listening to Zeppelin. My previous speakers were fosate fanatic components and the HU was a CDA 7998.

This time around I'd like some input on amps with great SQL but will rock your fillings out when needed. No brand preference, Input on speakers and HU as well wont be bad either (HU must been touch live traffic blah blah blah)

Keeping my old subs so i'll need something with a fair amount of balls to drive them

Type X 12" and a RF Power HX2 15"

Thanks in advance.

well, what i have in right now, is a gen 1 t5001bd. stuck it in just to test, and see what it could do..... puts out 1160wrms @ 1ohm iirc..... sounds real clean doing it to. if you want it real compact, powerfull, and clean, a couple old school amps come to mind right away- memphis 1000d (1100rmsx1) and us amps of the 90's. those both have a nice small footprint, and put out. real clean while doing it, too. i would have any you find serviced by a tech first, to check the caps, and solder joints.

I just decided to keep my old amps. The importance of the new amps is not worth the money I would need to spend to get the ones I would really want. My digital V12s never let me down so I'll spend that money on the stang where its needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.