Amplifier to push/power a Sub and amplifiers for speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

swifthieu
10+ year member

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I don't have much knowledge about audio or how to set it up to get the best sound or quality, but I'm willing to learn!

What is the best amplifier to push/power a JL Audio 10inch W7AE Subwoofer?

What is the best amplifier to push/power components such as Focal 165 K2P or Focal 165 KRX2?

I saw my brother-in-law use an amplifier called, TubeDriver, for his sub, but he wasn't using JL Audio 10in W7AE though, he was using something else. But my specific question is, what specs of the subwoofer do you look at and what specs of the the amplifier do you look at to know if it's good, and what it can support?

I also saw my brother-in-law use an amplifier called, McIntosh, for his Focal components, and when he got a new car, he used Rainbow Audio components. What specs of the component do you look at and what specs of the amplifier do you look at to know if it's good/best for each other?

Since that sub can handle 750 watts rms, you're gonna need an amplifier that can do ~750 watts @ 3 ohms. You should probably get one thats rated for more, so you don't have to crank the gain up alot, but you don't have to. There are plenty of high quality amps out there, but here are a few:

AQ2200D Amplifier

SAZ-2500D

Basically, just match the rms power handling of your components to the rated power given by the amplifier. It doesn't have to be exact, however. Be careful with the impedances, I'd read up on wiring in parallel and series if you don't know already.

Since most amplifier specs don't give the power for 3 ohms, just find the rms wattage between 2 ohms and 4 ohms, and get it close. However, box rise is going to raise your impedance to near 4 ohms anyways...so I would aim for an amp that does at least 750 @ 4 ohms if not more.

Ohms are the amount of resistance that the power has to the subs. Less ohms= More power to the subs. For example, and amplifier might give 200 watts @ 4 ohms, 400 watts @ 2 ohms, and 800 watts @ 1 ohm. These are just examples though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.