New to the forum and need advice. Bit One (or Ten) 3Sixty.3 or JBL MS-8?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sneaktip

The car is a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with the My Touch Sony system. What I currently have to install, Focal K2 3 way set and 4" K2 set for rear, old school Xtant amps (may be replace with a 5ch Alpine amp) and Kicker 8" L5 subs. I am leaning towards the JBL MS-8 mainly because the factory system is setup with front and rear center channels. With the JBL having a built in amp it's easy to keep those speakers. I don't really dig the JBL display but I believe I can install it in the overhead sunglass compartment. Interest to hear pros and con on these processors with the equipment I have?

Thank in advance.

MS-8 is going to make the best use of your center channel up front. It doesn't have any special use of a rear center channel, but you can use two pairs of speakers in the rear to get good imaging in the back seat. The best way to place your 3-way set up front is to have the woofer, mid, and tweeter all on the door panel, or have the tweeters in the sail panels. This way you can use the passive crossovers and only take up 2 channels on the MS-8.

Ms-8 should definately cut the cheese, but it's the most geared for an easy upgrade from a stock system.

But realizre, there are limits to how well you can ultimately with keeping the stock head unit.
I had a great discussion with @ge_off_me ; today that even high end head units aren't as good as they should be.
Sorry I have been drinking... I digress.

[quote name='West']Ms-8 should definately cut the cheese, but it's the most geared for an easy upgrade from a stock system.

But realizre, there are limits to how well you can ultimately with keeping the stock head unit.
I had a great discussion with @ge_off_me ; today that even high end head units aren't as good as they should be.
Sorry I have been drinking... I digress.[/QUOTE]

Retards banned Geoff.....

[quote name='West']Ms-8 should definately cut the cheese, but it's the most geared for an easy upgrade from a stock system.

Sorry I have been drinking... I digress.[/QUOTE]

For people who aren't willing to replace their factory head unit, which is a growing number every year, they need something that gives great sound without making them jump through hoops to get it set up. This really isn't the place for another one of your rants.

For people who aren't willing to replace their factory head unit, which is a growing number every year, they need something that gives great sound without making them jump through hoops to get it set up. This really isn't the place for another one of your rants.
Trumpet... I am not ranting by any means.

Just speaking from my heart....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.