New to forum built custom box

03e84b324e72260396836e8db235037c.jpg

The sub

44be0451239ae94dc790da7bc341033a.jpg

The rest of my box

4478c8ecda2d88efd75a8e73b300c472.jpg

My 12s

I know i need to clean up the wiring it actually really bugs me haha an with my 8box its my first time fiberglassing so thats why its not to pretty. The fiberglass has no flex what so ever. i can stand on any face of the box without it giving, i weigh 180lbs an the wood is birch plywood.

Last night i watched a vid on how to check ur output from the amp to the sub. It said to use a dmm with the sub hooked up an take the spike max times it by itself then take that number an divide it by ur subs ohm load that gives you what the amp at max is putting out then divide that by 2 to get the rms an the rms is what your sub is receiving. Is this correct?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Oh gawd...a cap. You need to clean up everything...and sell it all and start fresh seriously.

New subs, new amp .....AND new enclosure for those subs.

You gotta ext cab Silverado? If so, people here can help ya on a design that will work well under the rear seat and leave in a clean slate.

My plan is to do a fiberglass enclosure that holds my 12s but i love my planet audios. alot of people hate on them but iv never had issues with my 12s an they hit harder than my 2 kicker comps that were in my car. An i had both systems hooked up to the 3000watt monoblock thats in the center. As for the cap it stopped my battery drain when running all 3 on full. So i seen improvement after installing it i would really like to ditch it though an go with a xs power battery just for the audio an a bigger alt. A few months ago i had my dbs meaured an i was pushing 90db with just the 12s with no distortion.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Your 8 has no solid wall to load off of so you are basically in cancellation hell hence the zero output from the 8. You gotta seriously stop whatever you are doing and do things the right way before you waste your money on more junk along with doing an improper install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.