New to car audio, suggest some subs for me please :-)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Depends on if you listen to Dub Step..lol..Take the Incriminator Audio IA 40.1 at 4 ohms it runs at 86% efficiency at 100hz with 900 watts output, less than 1% thd and 300+ dampening factor with 105db S/N....but it is a $1,600 900watt amp.
the AQ 3500D is rated at 750 watts @12v and 1400@14.4v, so to be fair, we'll call it a 1000 watt at 4ohm amp. It runs at 85% efficiency at 4ohms rated power with 1%THD and 250 dampening factor and 85 db S/N....it is a $800 1000watt amp.

The Alpine PDX M12 is rated at 1200 watts with a .01% THD and greater than 1000 dampening factor at 4ohms.It runs at 90% efficiency at 4 or 2ohms rated power...it is a $570 1200 watt amp.

just sayin'
I get that. But if you dont really have the money you cant really spend it right away. He said he'd upgrade after the sub, but thats another thread. If he's willing to spend the cash to get a good sub I suggested he get one that can handle more than he's going to throw at it right now. To make up for output his box will just have to be slightly bigger. And then later down the road when he's got the dough for a nice amp he's got a sub that can handle it.

I gave looked into them, they don't really fit my budget
Obsidian Car Audio

..the same guy that part owns Sundown, and he stands behind them... I am partial to the AQ HDC, SA, GCON, Obsidian, Powerbass 3XL, American Bass XFL, DC Audio LVL 4, and the Digital Designs subs..if you want a good 1500 watt sub for the $$, go AQ or American Bass XFL, if you want a good 600 watt sub for the $$, go Obsidian

or American Bass TNT

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.