new to car audio, need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

sundown20

Im planning on getting a whole new setup for my suv but idk what to get... I am 100% sure im getting 2 sa 15s and im going to build a box 40" wide, 20" deep, and 16" high with the subs facing up and the port along the bottom facing the back. Im also getting all new door speakers. Should i just get a 2500w hifonics amp to power all of it or a 2500w and another small hifonics to power the door speakers? And should i have 2 batterys or 1? I am new to car audio so i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

first off we'll need your goals ,you just want loud bass or sound quality to , the hifonics amps are ok but a bit power hungry , better can be had .whats your budget for what your trying to get ? myself and others can try to steer you in the right direction . also you'll need wiring ,deadener and a few other items maybe .

any idea on how much power you want ,sub size and how many ,also do you plan on any electrical upgrades ,also what car
Im planning on getting 2 sundown sa 15s and im probably going to do some electrical upgrades but thats not in the 1,200$ budget. I have a 1999 isuzu trooper. I really appriciate all of the help so far.

Im planning on getting 2 sundown sa 15s and im probably going to do some electrical upgrades but thats not in the 1,200$ budget. I have a 1999 isuzu trooper. I really appriciate all of the help so far.
the troopers can get very loud if done right .I could do a cheaper 4 channel and get you closer to your 1200 budget

If you got @mylows10 ; to hook you up with a pair of XFL 15s you could get louder and probably save some money too

You can get 40 sqft of 80mil AT deadener for $105 right now

mylows can also hook you up with a big 3 and amp kits, I've only heard good things about his wire and he'll take good care of you. He can take care of the amps and door speakers too, but if you start to run low on your budget you could always go with a Hifonics amp for the subs, they're great and cheap amps as long as you have the electrical to back them

How big should the port be for a 40' wide, 16' tall, 20' deep box be with 2 xfls? I'm going to put the port across the bottom facing the back but idk how long or tall it should be. I'm going to tune it to around 32 hz by the way

Ya seen some good results with the xfls and the newer vlf amps amd for around 750 the setu atp is hard to beat. Then look at @double 07; for a box and mylows has o awg kits and big 3 kits on sale. That's what id do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.