New to audio, no idea where to start. $250 budget.

Participant count
  • Participant list

OpticOP

utah
Okay, so I'm completely new to this kind of stuff and this is my first build. I have $250 and I will add on but for now I just want something cheap. I've been suggested a sub and amp but I'm not sure of any good brands/what to look for. I drive a truck so the only place I could put it is under my seats. The back seats (I have a cab) are kinda like a shelf (if that makes sense, they kind of hang off the back for the cab) so underneath has lots of room and not really and obstructions to putting something under it. Anyway, does anyone have a good sub+amp combo under $250 or any other suggestions? Thanks!

*Edit: $300-$350 budget, wiring taken care of*

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of truck is it? You have $250 for everything or a separate budget for wiring? Because a decent 4gauge wiring kit will be around $50

And you can probably find a used amp for around $100

Which leaves $100 for a sub... But you still need a box which is why i asked what kind of truck? Are you willing to make a box and sit in on the rear seats or is under your seat the only option youd go with? But im telling you $250 isnt much a good sub starts like at $180

I have a Ram 2500. I have a friend that could hook me up with a wiring kit, and a box could set me back quite a bit if I have to buy one that's fitted to my back seats that would be like $100 I think. So let's say I have the wiring and throw in $100, so $300-$350, I think I can still do that. Does that free up any room for equipment?

What kind of truck is it? You have $250 for everything or a separate budget for wiring? Because a decent 4gauge wiring kit will be around $50And you can probably find a used amp for around $100

Which leaves $100 for a sub... But you still need a box which is why i asked what kind of truck? Are you willing to make a box and sit in on the rear seats or is under your seat the only option youd go with? But im telling you $250 isnt much a good sub starts like at $180

I have a Ram 2500. I have a friend that could hook me up with a wiring kit, and a box could set me back quite a bit if I have to buy one that's fitted to my back seats that would be like $100 I think. So let's say I have the wiring and throw in $100, so $300-$350, I think I can still do that. Does that free up any room for equipment?
What kind of wiring kit is it? First find out what kind of space you can give the sub because that had alot to play, you can buy $1000 subs but if they are in a crappy pre fab box they will seem like $50 kickers.

But im guessing you have no plans on upgrading your electrical i say stay under 800 watts. Which is probably the best youll get for the money. But first see what kind of box you can fit because like i said thats a VERY big part in how your sub performs. Because you can get a hds212, or a sundown ev2 and a 600-800 watt amp for like $200 but if you dont have the right box you wont be happy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.